Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

K2dvd

Old 10-02-08, 03:05 AM

K2dvd

Has anyone ordered anything from this company yet? I looked at their website, and there are some pretty good prices there, maybe too good if you know what I'm getting at....still, a 3-disc Jules Dassin Collection for $29.99 looks pretty impressive, and it appears to be Criterion Collection packaging.

I eagerly await your thoughts, opinions, monologues, etc.
Old 11-09-08, 07:23 PM
Banned

Well the other night I ordered Fitzcarraldo from them, so I'll let you know the quality once I get it. They do have some pretty durn good prices. If Fitzcarraldo seems of good enough quality, I'll soon be buying Dekalog (The Decalogue) through them.
Old 11-09-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

We sell mostly Region-Free-DVDs
Doesn't sound to promising but you never know. Let us know when stuff shows up.

edit: Yeah, I'm going to say bootlegs. All their American movies have Korean subs, even sci-fi movies from the 50s.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 11-09-08 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-12-08, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
Doesn't sound to promising but you never know. Let us know when stuff shows up.

edit: Yeah, I'm going to say bootlegs. All their American movies have Korean subs, even sci-fi movies from the 50s.
Yeah, see this is what made me leery of ordering anything from them...there are plenty of places here in Honolulu that sell bootleg DVDs, and from the ones I've seen the quality is pretty poor. But I could be wrong about K2dvd, I'm just too cheap to risk my own money to find out!
Old 11-15-08, 04:28 PM
Banned

Well I received my copy of Fitzcarraldo today. I haven't opened it or tried playing it to see if it actually works, but where on the website it said that it was a Region 0 DVD, the packaging says that it's a Region 3, which obviously won't work on my Region 1 player. So I sent them a message regarding this, and hopefully I'll get some sort of good response and update this thread.
Old 11-15-08, 10:50 PM
Banned

Alright, so, I received a response back to them, which basically said that as far as they know the DVD is Region Free. Even with the Region 3 mark on the packaging, I opened it up and tried it in my Region 1 player, and it is Region Free. As for the quality of the film, it's not bad. It's better than a bootleg, but doesn't seem to have the quality that an official release would have. Also, though it's a German film (Fitzcarraldo) there's only one audio track and it's the English dub, which is horrible. So there you go, now we know. Anyone want to take it off my hands?