Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Blockbuster online problems

Old 09-01-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Blockbuster online problems

Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with their online Blockbuster account? Every time I try to access my queue, I keep getting the same error message:

Error 500--Internal Server Error

It's kinda weird because I can add things to my queue, but I can't view it, delete anything, or rearrange anything. Is anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-01-08, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been getting a message that the site is unavailable all weekend. I can't access the site or my que or anything.
Old 09-01-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just checked mine...seems to be working just fine.

On a side note, anybody else always run into huge amounts of lag when they access their que...adding/deleting, moving, etc? I swear sometimes it takes 30 seconds for me to bump a title up or down. Netflix was always super fast.
Old 09-01-08, 08:27 PM

I can get in fine and normal "speed" within the site.

The only thing was nothing was shipped for me today. I had 3 movies returned at the store Saturday and usually I would have 3 movies shipped today. But nada got shipped today.

I know they are shipping because the #1 movie in my queue, The Next Avengers, shows Short Wait now.

Anyone get anything shipped today?
Old 09-01-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There was no mail today (Labor Day). But I still can't get to my queue. I e mailed them, and they said to delete some items and that I may have too many in my queue. But that doesn't make sense (And how can I delete item when I can't access my queue)
Old 09-01-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
I can get in fine and normal "speed" within the site.

The only thing was nothing was shipped for me today. I had 3 movies returned at the store Saturday and usually I would have 3 movies shipped today. But nada got shipped today.

I know they are shipping because the #1 movie in my queue, The Next Avengers, shows Short Wait now.

Anyone get anything shipped today?
As it has been explained to you numerous times in the past, there is no mail on a federal holiday.

When I had my Blockbuster Online account, I used to encounter a lag in my queue all the time. It wound up freezing Firefox 90% of the time.
Old 09-02-08, 12:35 AM

Hmmm.

As I mentioned before as well, on Federal holidays in the past, I had movies checked in (removed from queue) as well had movies shipped which I would get the next day. Maybe I was just lucky.

Anyways, I too did have Firefox freezing as well for me and had to use the dreaded Internet Explorer. Didn't freeze but version 7 was slow. Version 6 was better.

Having upgraded to Fireforx 3.01, I've noticed that it doesn't freeze anymore and better than IE 7.0.
Old 09-02-08, 11:31 AM

1. Confirmed, same here.

I wonder if it has anything to do with large queues.
Old 09-03-08, 01:39 AM

Noticed something else.

For movies coming out next Tuesday, it used to be "available" in your queue area. Like movies coming out 9-9-08 such as The Forbidden Kingdom, you can put it as number 1.

Now it's in the Not Yet Available section so you can't move it to number 1.

That sucks. Do we have to wait till Tuesday before we can move it?
Old 09-04-08, 06:48 AM

1. Give them a call...

when going into "My Queue" is affecting only certain customers whose account resides on one of their problem servers.

They obviously are trying to fix the issue but have no eta.

An extremely friendly and courteous rep should offer a couple of e-coupons due to the issue and ask you to call back later in the week if the issue is not fixed for some more e-coupons.

; )
Old 09-04-08, 10:52 AM

Good idea.

Since I've emailed them and even pointed out from their FAQ that upcoming releases are move to My Queue 2 -3 weeks before the actual release date and got a canned response.
Old 09-04-08, 11:05 AM

Just called. No free ecoupons.

But he did say it should be fixed next week and alsot here are other problems like people not even able to see their queue.
Old 09-04-08, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I called them as well. Got 2 free rental coupons for in store rentals and they added an extra free week on my account. That was a lot more then I thought they would do, so I'm pleased with that. And they said it should be fixed by next week. Looks like they are still checking in movies and sending them out. But you can't mess with your queue.
Old 09-05-08, 10:52 AM

Wish Blockbuster would get their act together.

The Forbidden Kingdom that is out September 9 is still in the Not Yet Available section.

Email them again for the heck of it. At least I am not getting a canned response. Said still researching and will get back.

The response to my first email said I was changing my subscription and he will look into it. Changing my subscription? I didn't mention anything about my subscription plan; only about the issue that upcoming releases within the next 2 or 3 weeks are not showing up in My Queue like before.
Old 09-05-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fortunately, I haven't had any problems with my queue. I've only been a subscriber for 2 months but the service has slowed down tremendously. There's a week's turnaround time every time I mail back a movie. No matter how I try to stagger my 2-at-a-time, they always keep getting back in sync. I guess because they don't process anything on Sat, Sun or Mon. I was having much better luck with Netflix. I think I might cancel on my next billing cycle.
Old 09-05-08, 05:32 PM

Hi Quatermass,

Not sure if you have upcoming September 9 releases in your queue. If you do, are you experiencing my problem where it is still stuck in the NOT YET AVAILABLE section of the queue?

Thanks.
Old 09-05-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
Hi Quatermass,

Not sure if you have upcoming September 9 releases in your queue. If you do, are you experiencing my problem where it is still stuck in the NOT YET AVAILABLE section of the queue?

Thanks.
No, I've got mostly old stuff in the queue, so I wasn't having your specific problem - I just wanted to vent about slow turn-arounds.
Old 09-05-08, 06:22 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't access My Queue either. I can see about the top 6 titles on the My Blockbuster page and I can move titles within that little frame, but that's it. It's pretty ridiculous for an online company to have this problem for over a week.
Old 09-05-08, 06:28 PM

Thanks Quatermass.

Just trying to see how widespread the problem is.

The CSR did say some people couldn't get into their queue.

Funny thing is he said that they are improving (ha ha ha) the website; like you can now download movies and did you notice that. And there are some problems and should be resolve over the weekend.

Wanna bet that over the weekend, we'll get "Site Unavailable due to maintenance. Try again later."
Old 09-07-08, 10:19 AM

Hmmm.

The September 9 releases are still in the Not Yet Available.
Emailing them over the weekend gets the answer there is not enough copies.

CHecking around the website. one person said there is a new allocation system. For instance, if the top 4 title is not in available in your queue, nothing will ship on day 1. If no titles in top 8 next day, then nothing will ship for day 2. By day 5, then the whole queue will be searched.

Something is fishy or BBonline as one person suspects is starting to throttle like Netflix but different. Or maybe going broke.
Old 09-08-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like they are starting to fix the problems. My queue is back up and running. Is everyone else fixed yet?
Old 09-08-08, 10:59 AM

Called and talked to a CSR.

Said there is a problem with the Not Yet Available releases moving to In Your Queue. Said it should be fixed tomorrow.

Glad your problem is fixed Mattyesmo247. (Should have a higher priority).
Old 09-12-08, 11:01 AM

Guess still not fixed. The September 16 releases are still stuck.

CSR said it was fixed and no one was complaining. Put in a request for their IT department to check into it.

Said it could also be they don't have the movie in stock yet so it is still Not Yet Available. Speed Racer? not in stock?
Old 09-15-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ya, looks like they don't hit the queue until the day they are released. That sucks.
Old 09-16-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alright, the queue seems to be fixed. Even with future titles. But their shipping sucks. It could be up to 3 days for them to send movies out. Anyone else having this problem?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.