Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Experiences with the new Borders.com

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Experiences with the new Borders.com

Old 09-20-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Numes
I have a $25 borders gift card that I got before borders.com changed to their new website, there are 16 numbers in the gift card number.

With the new borders.com, however, it will only allow me to put in 15 numbers in the "apply promotions" field in the shopping cart.

Anyone experience this? Suggestions?
Wow, how lame.

It has to go into the "Gift card" section during checkout.
Old 09-24-08, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have fucking had it with this lame ass site. When I try to access my Borders Rewards history, some other dude's purchase history comes up(leading me to believe that my history is being viewed by some other Joe).
Old 10-05-08, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I have to say I'm done with Borders due to too many problems over the last month.
- I made an order that they cancelled that contained borders bucks. They said it was a credit card issue that no one else seems to have a problem with (ok fine things happen).
- took two weeks to get my borders bucks back in account for use.
- tried another order and it sits "in process" for a week then takes another week to get a reply from my email to find out it is backordered 2 - 8 weeks. Then all of a sudden it mysteriously ships a few hours later.

I could handle a few bad experiences if there was some other value to hold on to but:
- prices are too high, you need a 30% off coupon just to beat the competition by a buck or two.
- web site is buggy
- customer support really slow
- they package sets like they are books (had many issue with floaters earlier Rome set received)
- for returns they had to mail me a return postage that took a week to receive.

I've had great success between DDD and Amazon so I'm sticking with them going forward.