Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

blockbuster online

Old 07-01-08, 06:22 PM
Suspended

blockbuster online

so I sign up for bb online for the first time and over half my movies are short or long wait. Does it ever get better? Should I have gone with netflix?
Old 07-01-08, 06:32 PM

All depends upon what you have selected. Personally I use both and I do seem to have more in the BB that is on some sort of hold than for Netflix.
Old 07-01-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I cancelled my Blockbuster Online account for that reason. I had a ton of movies that were wait listed for the better part of a year. The availability on Netflix is vastly better IMO.
Old 07-01-08, 11:22 PM
Suspended

One more question. When will they ship? I signed up and put stuff in my Que around noon and nothing has moved. Im hoping they go out tomorrow
Old 07-02-08, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I used to get shipping notifications at random times. Most commonly, it was the late afternoon for me.
Old 07-04-08, 04:10 AM

Currently there are about 50 in my queue that are "very long wait" or "coming soon" most of which have been at that status for about 6 months.

I have about 2 TV seasons left before I'm pretty much out of anything I want from them. At that point I'm going to leave them for Netflix.
Old 07-04-08, 06:59 PM

Not only that but if you have 2 free trials going at once you can still only exchange 5 at the store COMBINED! I think it goes by the in store membership card. I'm going to try and have my girlfriend open a membership in store and see if it works.
Old 07-06-08, 01:21 AM
Suspended

So I updated the PS3 and have had no issues. Friday night watched We Own the night (i own) and Stir of Echos (i own) and they both played fine. I have had 2 from blockbuster..Cloverfield (BB) which kept skipping earlier today..returned it new one played fine and I got Dan in real life today via bb mail and 15 minutes in the screen went black...no freezing i mean black and I couldnt do anything...menu would not come up etc. Is this a normal issue? I have recieved 2 movies from BB and both froze or skipped and am thinking it might not be worth the hassel.
Old 07-06-08, 05:41 AM

Netflix has more efficient distribution centers than Blockbuster. Case in point, I mailed my Netflix DVDs on Saturday, the local distribution center received and shipped out the next ones in my queue on Monday (and they arrive on Tuesday). I mailed my Blockbuster DVDs on Monday and I've waited three days before reporting a problem and I'm still waiting for a response back (the local distribution center must be experiencing major problems or taken the 4th of July week off). BTW I cancelled the total access subscription when they raised their rates. Usually the local Blockbuster distribution center receives one or two of the DVDs I mailed within one or two days and takes one to two days ship out the next ones in my queue. Bottom line, Netflix is quick and efficient, Blockbuster is slow and inefficient (just like their brick and mortar stores).
Old 07-06-08, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by butterbean
So I updated the PS3 and have had no issues. Friday night watched We Own the night (i own) and Stir of Echos (i own) and they both played fine. I have had 2 from blockbuster..Cloverfield (BB) which kept skipping earlier today..returned it new one played fine and I got Dan in real life today via bb mail and 15 minutes in the screen went black...no freezing i mean black and I couldnt do anything...menu would not come up etc. Is this a normal issue? I have recieved 2 movies from BB and both froze or skipped and am thinking it might not be worth the hassel.
I think this is a Dan in Real Life problem, it took me 3 of them to get one that wouldn't do that. Also I learned that you basically can't pause, fast forward, or rewind it or it screws up.