Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How do I go about selling dvd's to dvdplanet?

Old 06-12-08, 03:28 PM

How do I go about selling dvd's to dvdplanet?

I did a search in here and couldn't find the answer. When I go to the "sell us you dvd's" link I go to the quote machine. However, there are no other instructions on what to do after you get the quote or where to send the dvds or how they would like them packaged.

Can anyone shed some light, I'm trying to get some credit before the 20% off sale is over.

Thanks
Old 06-12-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Create an account. Sign in. Click on Sell Us Your DVDs. When the quote comes up click on the amount they will give you and this will add it to your queue. When you are done with your list hit continue and submit the request. Mail the package to them and that's it. They don't have very clear instructions unfortunately. I just shipped them a package on Monday, they got it on Wed. and I just got the credit today. Pretty damn fast turn around.

I didn't know they started their 20% off sale. Is there a code you enter when you check out? I did notice that 5 movies in my wishlist are about $3 higher today so maybe that's a clue the sale started?
Old 06-12-08, 05:19 PM

Ohh, so you click the price....God help me, I'm just not that bright.

Thanks and here is the link to the Dvdplanet sale.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=532959
Old 06-13-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mmm prolly not enough time to get in used dvds in exchange for store credit to use for the 20% sale.
Old 06-13-08, 12:34 PM

The code for the sale is 20offsale
Old 06-26-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

as long as the site isnt still locking up..it has been for quite some time now
Old 06-26-08, 11:14 AM

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. I've had no problems with Firefox but my Internet Explorer crashes every time I try to navigate the site.
Old 07-07-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does DvdPlanet care if the dvds you sale to them are still new and sealed and come with price tags?
Old 07-07-08, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by kahuna
Does DvdPlanet care if the dvds you sale to them are still new and sealed and come with price tags?
One of mine that I sent last week was still sealed. They just got the box today. I imagine if it's a problem, they'll open it up like the others.
Old 07-07-08, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've sent in a ton of sealed DVDs, but I always take off the price tags when I do.

I've always wondered just what DVDPlanet does with the new and sealed DVDs that people send to them.
Old 07-07-08, 09:11 PM

is there anyway to get $$ from dvdplanet and not just credit? I don't really know what I'd do with $1000 in credit..
Old 07-07-08, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by jmu878
is there anyway to get $$ from dvdplanet and not just credit? I don't really know what I'd do with $1000 in credit..
no they deal in credit not cash...secondspin.com will do either..
DG
Old 07-07-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank You for the info guys. I can't sale these dvds locally so I am going to send them to DvdPlanet for credit. First order I send in will be 22 dvds for about $143. Problem I am having now the site will not let me remove a old CC and add a new one. It keeps on asking to just edit the old one. A CC card that I do not have any more.
Old 07-09-08, 10:06 AM

I sent a box of 38 DVD's for a total of $220. They received the box on Monday. I just called to find out what the next step in the process is and they told me it could take 1-2 weeks. Wow. Bummer.
Old 07-09-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I sent in 40 dvds in 2 Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes. Cost me about $27 to ship both boxes. If they don't return any thing to me my credit will be $317. Everything was new except one dvd in each box.

But I had over 25 dvds that the quotemachine did not recognize. The 5 Harry Potters were one of them.
Old 07-09-08, 03:22 PM

I sent in 40 dvds in 2 Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes. Cost me about $27 to ship both boxes. If they don't return any thing to me my credit will be $317. Everything was new except one dvd in each box.

But I had over 25 dvds that the quotemachine did not recognize. The 5 Harry Potters were one of them.
I'd be interested to see how the progress goes. So far i've heard nothing from mine.
Old 07-10-08, 11:42 AM

Got my credit today. They didn't refuse anything. So basically they received the box on Monday and credit processed today (thursday.) Not bad if you ask me.
Old 07-10-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If i wanted to get rid of a bunch of dvds would this be one of the better ways to do it? I have around 70 dvds I am trying to get rid of since I am addicted to buying blu rays and am looking for other ways besides ebay to get rid of them.

Also do they take PPV dvds from places like Blockbuster or not?

I dont have a problem with getting credit from them since I would just use the credit to get Blu-rays from them.

Also, do I pay shipping to them or do they cover that?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-10-08, 02:26 PM

@acubfaninmd

It depends on the quality of the PPV blockbuster titles. If they happen to have tons of smudges and scratches then I dount they will take them. Shipping is not covered by DVD Planet to my knowledge.

For people having difficulty finding the quote machine just click on the used tab on the top of the page. Once you have clicked the tab then click quote machine and type in your movie title. Then you click on the price and it should show up in your cart. Once all desired titles you plan to sell is in the cart than checkout and print out the receipt sent to you by email.

If you have any more difficulty then just call the 1-800 listed on the website.
Old 07-12-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Carcaridon
Got my credit today. They didn't refuse anything. So basically they received the box on Monday and credit processed today (thursday.) Not bad if you ask me.
Shipped out from Hi my 2 boxes on Tuesday and they arrived at their location on Friday. Lets see how long it takes me to get my credit. I will be sending out another box on Monday
Old 07-16-08, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shipped out from Hi my 2 boxes on Tuesday and they arrived at their location on Friday. Lets see how long it takes me to get my credit. I will be sending out another box on Monday
Got my credit credited to my account today. As far as I can see nothing was rejected. But I had only 2 out of 40 dvds that were open. I will send another Priority Mail Flat Rate box out tomorrow. This one has 4 open box sets in it. So lets see what happens now.