Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon preorder question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon preorder question

Old 06-03-08, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon preorder question

Probably going to seem like a stupid question to most of you but I have to ask.

I have never preordered anything from Amazon.com. Do they charge your credit card right away or when the item is released?

Couldn't find anything on a search here or at Amazon.

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-03-08, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrflix
Probably going to seem like a stupid question to most of you but I have to ask.

I have never preordered anything from Amazon.com. Do they charge your credit card right away or when the item is released?

Couldn't find anything on a search here or at Amazon.

Thanks for the help.
Did a search for 'preorder' on Amazon's Help page:

Pre-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us box on the right side of any Help page.

I can verify that they charge when they ship to you - the price guarantee is nice, too!
Old 06-04-08, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 334 Likes on 218 Posts
The price guarantee doesn't always work though. I had paid $89.99 for my three Wii Fits, but the price once dipped to $79.99. Amazon said it was a mistake, though they didn't raise the price for the people who ordered at that point.