Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount/DVD Planet Shipping Issues?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all.

I was wondering whether any one else was having trouble receiving media from Deep Discount and/or DVD Planet when using their Standard Shipping? Since around Easter, I have had two DVD Planet shipments declared lost, and one from Deep Discount has entered its tenth business day, which is generally a bad sign. In fact, something I ordered from Amazon UK, via Royal Mail, was sent later and arrived before this outstanding package.

Again, I was wondering if has been ocurring for anyone else. Perhaps shipments are slowing due to rising fuel costs? My big fear, of course, is someone is stealing my mail.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure if this will count as good news or bad news for you, but I've had dozens of packages from dvdplanet ship during that time period with no problems whatsover.
Old 04-11-08, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the insight. I assume they were sent using their Standard Shipping? Whenever they've used First Class or Priority Mail, I've received it.
Old 04-11-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All my shipments recently have been taking significantly longer than usual with free shipping, so maybe something is up.
Old 04-12-08, 10:43 PM

I've been wondering much the same thing as the OP. I received a few backorders from DD towards the end of last month, but being backorders, I didn't put too much thought into it.

However, I placed an order with DVD Planet on March 30th, got a shipping confirmation message on the 31st, and have yet to see it. It is still within their estimated arrival date, but I've never had an order from either company take longer than maybe the second day of their estimated arrival window. The only potential explanation I can imagine is perhaps heavy postal traffic as we approach the tax filing deadline?
Old 04-14-08, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
All my shipments recently have been taking significantly longer than usual with free shipping, so maybe something is up.
Ditto.

I've recently had a DVD - via media mail - from DVD Planet take three weeks to arrive. And I can count on approximately two weeks for anything from them or DDD for the last few months.
Old 04-16-08, 09:26 AM

Well, I finally got the item I ordered from Deep Discount, and it only took 12 business days! Ridiculous. I won't be ordering from them any longer.

That still leaves two items that I have had to declare lost from DVD Planet, and I have two shipments enroute that have been outstanding for 10 and 6 business days respectively. I certainly hope I won't have to declare them lost as well.

The really sad part is that I still have five more Blu-ray Discs on order from previous store credit purchases that I'm sure I can look forward to more hassles with.

I'm starting to really think $80 for all-you-can-eat 2-Day UPS shipping from Amazon is money well spent.
Old 04-16-08, 09:44 AM

I used to get Media Mail boxes from DD within 3-4 days, sometimes faster. Recently it's taken 10-15 days. To be fair, it might be something with the post office, but who knows? DD's estimated shipping times are so exaggerated that you can't really complain until the thing has been in the mail for nearly a month.

And yes, Amazon Prime is well worth it if you can receive UPS packages without a hassle.
Old 04-18-08, 03:52 AM

Well, order from the 30th was waiting when I got home from work Thursday. Looks like 2-3 weeks is pretty much the standard these days. Maybe this is just a temporary issue, but it appears that you better be ready to wait if you're in for free shipping.
Old 04-18-08, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've noticed packages taking longer this year too, especially media mail and international first-class to Canada. In my opinion - and this is completely a suspicion - but the USPS might be holding packages and shipping them together more because of the higher fuel prices.
Old 05-05-08, 09:57 AM

I used to have no problem with DD but lately they've really gone down-hill, fast. To ad insult to injury I'm in OH and they're shipping out of IL. Crazy.
Old 05-05-08, 11:25 AM

The last BD I received from them was more in line with their pre-Easter shipping times (i.e. it shipped out Wed. and I received it the Thurs. of the following week).

I've pretty much given up completely on Deep Discount. And, if it weren't for them buying used DVDs, I'd probably give up on DVD Planet too.