Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are There Any DVD Sites That Accept Pay Pal?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I have some money in my PayPal account and it takes about 4 business days to get it to my checking account. I was hoping to find some sites where I can buy DVDs that accept PayPal so I wouldn't have to wait.

Does anyone know of any?
Old 03-12-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDPlanet
CriterionDVD.com
Old 03-13-08, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overstock
Barnes and Noble
Old 03-13-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just apply for a PayPal debit card. That's what I've had for a few years now and with it's MC logo I just use it anywhere online just like a credit card. No fees either.
Old 03-13-08, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
Just apply for a PayPal debit card. That's what I've had for a few years now and with it's MC logo I just use it anywhere online just like a credit card. No fees either.
that may be useful, but just a heads up: debit cards work differently than credit cards. i dunno all the details, but there are some possibly significant differences.
Old 03-14-08, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
that may be useful, but just a heads up: debit cards work differently than credit cards. i dunno all the details, but there are some possibly significant differences.
If it has a MC which I assume stands for Master Card then it could be used as a credit card and wouldnt be considered a debit card but a credit card. A debit card you need to enter a pin number in and with a credit card you dont.
Old 03-15-08, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
If it has a MC which I assume stands for Master Card then it could be used as a credit card and wouldnt be considered a debit card but a credit card. A debit card you need to enter a pin number in and with a credit card you dont.
Not true. A credit card branded debit card can be used exactly in the same manner as a regular credit card. No pin number is needed unless you use it as a debit card. When you use it as a credit card, the only difference is you do not have a line of credit: the money is taken directly out of your bank account, so you are limited to the amount you have in your account. I have been using a debit card for over a decade and have never had a problem using it anywhere (its even used to pay my payPal account). PLUS, I don't have to worry about credit card debt. =-)

P.S. Maybe I misunderstood what acubfaninmd was saying, but I hope I clarified the difference between cards.

Last edited by Smorri; 03-15-08 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-24-08, 10:55 PM

DiabolikDVD.com also accepts PayPal and has a top notch selection.
Old 03-24-08, 11:47 PM

In addition, if your card number was stolen, with a credit card, the money is taken againt your line of credit. Just call the CC up and say that was a fraudulant charge and dispute. The charge goes into dispute status and you don't have to pay it.

With a debit card, CC branded or not, swipe the card and money is gone. Dispute it, transaction goes into hold status but you wait to get your money back.

And if you are smart, you will pay off your CC in full every month and never worry about CC dept.
Old 04-05-08, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Buy.com does too, although many of their prices are kind of high (similar to DVDPlanet). If you like Asian cinema, try us.yesasia.com/assocred.asp?CP9E8RT8+ and www.hkflix.com. I think both accept Paypal. And there's Xploitedcinema...

Last edited by aeron; 04-06-08 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-06-08, 11:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Paypal plugin lets you create virtual credit cards.
Old 04-08-08, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by iamiam
Paypal plugin lets you create virtual credit cards.

Anyone else having trouble with that? It doesn't accept my PayPal password and no one responds to e-mail either.