Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ebay Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
No response from seller to pay pal complaint so I decedied to escalate it to the point wher pay pla intervenes and makes thier decison. From anyone else previous experience with this how often does pay pal rule in the favor of the buyer>
I've only had to do it once and they ruled in my favor. If the seller can't prove he shipped the item with a tracking number, you'll win.
Old 03-14-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by domino harvey
I've only had to do it once and they ruled in my favor. If the seller can't prove he shipped the item with a tracking number, you'll win.

Couldn't they just create a tracking numner for this shipment and say it has been sent out and its now beyond their control on what happened to it? I never would have taken it this far so soon if I had just received the tracking number that was supposed to have been provided.
Old 03-14-08, 01:08 PM

9/10, Paypal rules in favor of the buyer. Don't start panicking yet.
Old 03-14-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by domino harvey
9/10, Paypal rules in favor of the buyer. Don't start panicking yet.

I am not panicking yet I just am frustrated with this whole situation. It would never have be elevated to what it is if the seller jsut provided me with the tracking number I was told I would receive and if the seller answered my questions it also never would have been escalted this far.
Old 03-15-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Couldn't they just create a tracking numner for this shipment and say it has been sent out and its now beyond their control on what happened to it? I never would have taken it this far so soon if I had just received the tracking number that was supposed to have been provided.
The seller has to prove that it was delivered by delivery confirmation or some other method that is electronicaly verifiable. The seller's responsible for the item until it is delivered to the address, not at the time of shipping. If the item is delivered to the doorstep and then stolen before the buyer retreives it, it is the buyer's loss.
Old 03-15-08, 03:24 PM

You can pull up their user info.
And then actually call them.
I use the 99 cent store phone
cards for problems like these.
Its a penny a minute.

If there is no answer or number
disconnected. Notify ebay.
That might help in your possible
dispute......
Old 03-17-08, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by btlives
You can pull up their user info.
And then actually call them.
I use the 99 cent store phone
cards for problems like these.
Its a penny a minute.

If there is no answer or number
disconnected. Notify ebay.
That might help in your possible
dispute......

how do i find thier phone number to call them?
Old 03-17-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update on situation. filed paypal complaint end of last week. they still havent responded to it, left them negative feedback saying never received item. these people are then going to leave me negative feedback saying they offered me refund or to resend items and i never responded. This is totally BS because I have emails stating I asked for refund and on pay pal complaint left message asking for refund.

Negative feedback and I paid immediately. F**K Ebay I am done with those bastards. How do I the buyer get negative feedback and I pay right away.
Old 03-17-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why so jumpy? From the star it looks like you were being wayyy too impatient.
Old 03-17-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0

I was told by seller they would send tracking number within a few days of payment. When the few days came and no tracking number emailed seller no response at all so if thats being to impatient so be it. The seller should follow their guidelines stated in auction and it wouldnt have come to this. All they had to do was send me my tracking number and I would have shut up. Then they send email saying it should have arrived so I ask for tracking number for the package that should have arrived according to them and once again no response.

So I did what I did. IF they sent package like they said they did, then they should be able to provide me with my tracking number which they were supposed to provide me but didnt.
Old 03-17-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0
You say I am being way too impatient then listen to this. I ordered a dvd from Amazon.co.uk a few days after winning the ebay auctin in questin here and I received that today before the other dvds that were coming from Florida you would think I would get the FL ones before ones coming from another country and you are telling me I am being to impatient.
Old 03-17-08, 02:19 PM

You should not have left negative feedback, now the seller has no reason to do anything for you
Old 03-17-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You say I am being way too impatient then listen to this. I ordered a dvd from Amazon.co.uk a few days after winning the ebay auctin in questin here and I received that today before the other dvds that were coming from Florida you would think I would get the FL ones before ones coming from another country and you are telling me I am being to impatient.
Well, by all recent accounts, I am convinced that FL is another country as well... .

But seriously, while the seller may not be amongst eBay's finest, you seem to have acted rashly in escalating the situation to a full-blown PayPal dispute so soon. A little flexibility goes a long way on eBay, for both buyers and sellers. eBay != Walmart
Old 03-18-08, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Maybe I could have waited a little longer but when someone doesnt answer any emails then I get frustrated. Pay Pal decided in my favor and is going to refund me my money.
Old 03-22-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did you get your money back?
Old 03-23-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Did you get your money back?

Pay Pal refunded me the money and now the seller filed an unpaid item dispute against me. this shit does not want to end.
Old 03-24-08, 01:08 AM

you get 3 unpaid item disputes within one year before there is any consequences so dont sweat it

but yeah, next time give it a week or so. just because you can file the dispute whenever you want, doesnt mean its a great idea. sheesh, he is just another dork behind a keyboard, just like you(and me) not bestbuy or walmart

Last edited by iconoclasm; 03-24-08 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-24-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

got emial from ebay saying they are going to do whatever they can to seller for filing an unjust unpaid item dispute against me becuase there is proof I paid for it and proof that she said she would refund my money or resend items which she didnt do. So, hopefully ebay lives up to their word and does something about her doing this crap. Seller had to be pretty stupid to do what she did because in her feedback she left she said I paid for it which would make her unpaid item dispute be ruled in my favor.
Old 03-24-08, 11:29 AM
Cool New Member

An Unpaid Item Dispute is usually file so that the seller can get a refund from eBay on the final value fee.

As long as the reason given for the Unpaid Item is: "We have both agreed not to complete the transaction", then everything should be okay.