Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com - how long does it take to get paid?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-02-08, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold a 360 game on there 5 days ago using my EBay login. When I go to "Payment History", it still shows as pending.

No way am I shipping until I get my money. How long does it usually take? Amazon gives you the option to transfer it immediately to your bank account.
Old 03-02-08, 02:09 PM

On average, it takes about a week after the end of each selling period (i.e. each half of the month) for the money to be deposited into your account. So, if you sold the item five days ago, that means you should receive the money around March 7th.

From my experience, shipping out the item immediately is never a problem. The buyer has already paid for the item. It's just a matter of half.com giving you all the money from all the sales you make in one period in one lump sum.

It keeps things organized for me - instead of having a dozen or so deposits from half.com each month, I have only two. Plus, the waiting period makes it easier for me to issue a refund.
Old 03-02-08, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

*edit* I see utopian already answered while I was typing.

From the site:

"Sellers will receive payment by direct deposit and will be paid twice monthly. Payment periods will end on the 15th and last day of each month. Your seller account balance at the end of each period will be deposited in your personal checking account approximately 7 business days after the end of the period. For example, if your seller account balance on the 15th of the month is $35, then you should expect a $35 deposit to your personal checking account in approximately 7 business days. Direct deposit is being offered free of charge to all Sellers!"

Since Half.com gives sellers 3 days to ship the sold item, you would have to send the item before the deposit actually shows up in your checking account.

I've sold on-and-off at Half over the years and have never had an issue with the deposit showing up as stated above.
Old 03-03-08, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rkndkn
I've sold on-and-off at Half over the years and have never had an issue with the deposit showing up as stated above.
ditto.
Old 03-03-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
You need to ship even if you haven't gotten paid yet. The buyer already paid Half, so getting your money will not be a problem. I've been selling on Half for over seven years.
Old 03-06-08, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem here either. I've been selling on half.com for nearly 7 years.
It is a little of a hassle but I like they way they have it fixed now where you can send emails with tracking numbers alot more easy.
Old 03-06-08, 03:36 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
You should definitely ship out by the day indicated on your sale email (it used to be that you agreed to ship the following business day after the sale, now you have a few days). Late shipping can lead to negative feedback, and often people are depending on receiving the package in the time indicated.

I've been selling with half.com for years and have never had any problem. They're good for people like me who may not have a lot for sale, and can leave them up for a long period of time.
Old 03-06-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ship immediately, there is no credit risk of getting your money from Half.com
Old 03-07-08, 04:34 PM
Banned

This is why I don't sell on Half or Amazon. A bank account and credit card both shouldn't be required. You should have the option of having the money credited to your card just like refunds or have a check mailed the twice a month they pay you. Far as I'm concerned, Half/Ebay/Amazon have no business whatsoever knowing my bank account info. _I_ don't even know my account number!
Old 03-08-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Money deposited today...so now I'll ship.
Old 03-08-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What's your half.com ID? I'll remember not to buy from you.
Old 03-08-08, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kory
What's your half.com ID? I'll remember not to buy from you.
Same here.
Old 03-08-08, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You deserve the negative feedback that you will (hopefully) end up getting. It is bad enough that you aren't going to ship until almost two weeks after he ordered, but you also had to come in here and essentially brag about it.
Old 03-08-08, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For anyone interested in not buying from him, it appears as though his eBay/half ID is chibul. He has no items left for sale though.
Old 03-08-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
Sure, money deposited into your account today but weren't you notified by Half.com that the seller had already paid?! I've sold on Amazon Marketplace before and was always notified when it was safe to ship. The seller had already paid thru Amazon and I could see how my seller account had the money minus Amazon's fee.
Old 03-08-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Given that you decided to sell there, why not read up on how things work first? After 2 weeks, I hope you at least shipped First class instead of media.

Also, a negative will probably be left for you and rightfully so. But, since you have zero feedback, I am sure you can just create another account.
Old 03-09-08, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
Wow. Are you joking? If not, I don't think you should sell on half.com.
Old 03-09-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
For anyone interested in not buying from him, it appears as though his eBay/half ID is chibul. He has no items left for sale though.
It would appear wrong. But nice try.
Old 03-09-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Given that you decided to sell there, why not read up on how things work first? After 2 weeks, I hope you at least shipped First class instead of media.

Also, a negative will probably be left for you and rightfully so. But, since you have zero feedback, I am sure you can just create another account.
I shipped it via Priority. And I don't have zero feedback...don't presume to know my eBay ID just because someone thinks they can do research. That's an ancient account that I don't know if I ever even used. Don't even rememjber the login.

Originally Posted by tasha99
Wow. Are you joking? If not, I don't think you should sell on half.com.
That much I agree with you on. Not getting the money from the item I sold until almost two weeks after the fact is ridiculous. I'll stick with Amazon.
Old 03-09-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
Sure, money deposited into your account today but weren't you notified by Half.com that the seller had already paid?! I've sold on Amazon Marketplace before and was always notified when it was safe to ship. The seller had already paid thru Amazon and I could see how my seller account had the money minus Amazon's fee.
Half.com only advised me that the item had sold. When I would view "My Payments", all it showed was "Pending".
Old 03-09-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
I haven't sold on half.com in a while, but they used to send an email that stated the date you had to ship by. It was always within 2 or 3 business days of the sale.

You always get your money later there, which is why I only use half for my used media items (as opposed to items purchased solely for resale where I'd want my investment money back more quickly.)
Old 03-10-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Half.com only advised me that the item had sold. When I would view "My Payments", all it showed was "Pending".
so exactly what stopped you from reading the rules? Please do post your seller ID so we can all make sure to never buy from you.
Old 03-10-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You were also told by a number of people here that the buyer had already paid. You can't plead ignorance on this one.
Old 03-10-08, 11:45 AM

I got an e-mail from Half.com on March 7 (last Friday) stating nearly $200 would be deposited into my account from sales ending February 29. Guess what? Still not there yet. It's part of doing business with them. They hold money until the payment dates.

Dude, it's the rules. If you don't like them, don't do business on Half.com. Simple as that.

When I get gas at Sam's Club and use my debit card as a credit card, it takes at least three days for the money to be taken out of my account even though I already have the gas in my tank. Do you think I should wait at the station for the money to change hands and end up in the Sam's account before I drive off?
Old 03-10-08, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Look...I get it. I'm not saying I wasn't wrong. I didn't read the rules first...my bad. People keep saying "if you don't like it, don't sell" and that's what I intend to do from now on. No worries.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.