DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   store suggestions for bulk mailing supplies (for use with mailing cds, dvds, etc.)??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/522505-store-suggestions-bulk-mailing-supplies-use-mailing-cds-dvds-etc.html)

cgray 01-13-08 06:16 PM

store suggestions for bulk mailing supplies (for use with mailing cds, dvds, etc.)???

Hey There;

I'm looking to pick up padded envelopes in the 6" x 9" cd/dvd mailer size, and some larger 9 1/2" x 11" size for larger boxed sets and books.

I have been using the Duck brand mailers that WalMart sells, but I know that I can score them much cheaper getting them in bulk. I'm happy buying 500-1000 of each size above.

Suggestions on good places to get em? I found one place, polylinecorp, that sells them, though shipping added about $120 to the order. (Even after shipping, the price per unit was about 1/2 of what I've been paying at Walmart)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm just a private seller/collector, and look forward to answers from similar people rather than employees or advertisers. Thank you!

cgray 01-13-08 06:57 PM

anyway i can get a mod to add a question mark to the title as it appears in the "store forum" subsection? thanks

movieguru 01-13-08 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by cgray
Hey There;

I'm looking to pick up padded envelopes in the 6" x 9" cd/dvd mailer size, and some larger 9 1/2" x 11" size for larger boxed sets and books.

I have been using the Duck brand mailers that WalMart sells, but I know that I can score them much cheaper getting them in bulk. I'm happy buying 500-1000 of each size above.

Suggestions on good places to get em? I found one place, polylinecorp, that sells them, though shipping added about $120 to the order. (Even after shipping, the price per unit was about 1/2 of what I've been paying at Walmart)

Any suggestions are appreciated. I'm just a private seller/collector, and look forward to answers from similar people rather than employees or advertisers. Thank you!

The 8 1/2 X 11 (#2's) are around $6.75 at Sam's club for a box of 25. The 6 X 9's (#0's) are under $6 for a box of 25. Havent seen them much cheaper than that.

So for the $120 you would pay in shipping at polylinecorp you could get 20 boxes (500) of the 6X9's or 17 boxes of the #2's

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 01-14-08 11:18 AM

You can get free shipping supplies from the post office through their web site. Shipping is free too, I just had to go pick the stuff up when it came in.

cgray 01-14-08 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Shipping is free too

It took me a couple reads to figure out that you meant shipping on the materials you requested from the usps, and not free shipping on whatever you were sending out... I would have wondered. :hscratch:

Anyway, that's a good suggestion, too. Thanks

the biscuit man 01-15-08 11:38 PM

About the cheapest that I have seen is on eBay, 250 6x10 padded envelopes for around $30 shipped (seller id threerb).

I've bought 3 cases from them in the last year. They are well made, but they are a little tight for DVDs. You can't fit anything wider than a single DVD case into them. I have also used them to ship VHS tapes and CDs without any problem.

movieguru 01-16-08 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by the biscuit man
About the cheapest that I have seen is on eBay, 250 6x10 padded envelopes for around $30 shipped (seller id threerb).

I've bought 3 cases from them in the last year. They are well made, but they are a little tight for DVDs. You can't fit anything wider than a single DVD case into them. I have also used them to ship VHS tapes and CDs without any problem.

Prices aren't bad; but $2.95 for 500 bubble mailers and then $27.95 shipping. He's definetely trying to circumvent eBAY's auction fees.

rw2516 01-17-08 07:02 AM

You can get free shipping supplies from the post office through their web site. Shipping is free too, I just had to go pick the stuff up when it came in.

I always order through the toll free number and they deliver the stuff right to my front door.

abintra 01-17-08 01:39 PM

Only can be used for Priority shipping though correct?

riderjeff 01-18-08 03:46 PM

I used to use the USPS free boxes/envelopes, until I realized I was LOSING money. They do this so you have to use the priority shipping, which is over $2 more than how I ship everything (media/first class). Bubble Mailers are somewhat expensive for the little amount of padding they supply. What I do is buy normal 6x12 envelopes with no padding, they are a lot cheaper that way. I then roll everything in about 5 pieces of newspaper, sometimes put some cardboard in the envelope too for support. This is a whole lot cheaper than putting out the money for prebubbled envelopes.

rw2516 01-18-08 04:02 PM

Can those boxes specifically made for a single cd, like Amazon uses, be bought anywhere?

Bill Geiger 01-18-08 08:58 PM

Chec k dollar stores too. I found 2 packs of $10 for a buck eacvh. High quality as well. Mind you, it was only 20 but not bad, cost me 10 cents each.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 01-18-08 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by riderjeff
I used to use the USPS free boxes/envelopes, until I realized I was LOSING money. They do this so you have to use the priority shipping, which is over $2 more than how I ship everything (media/first class).

Some naughty people turn the box inside out and then they can ship it however they want.

sillymonkey 01-25-08 06:40 PM

Some naughty people turn the box inside out and then they can ship it however they want.

that's a felony. i won't suggest that option

hindolio 01-25-08 09:09 PM

last time i checked, all priority boxes have "Priority" stamped on the inside of them.