Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix Blu-ray switch??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix Blu-ray switch??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-07, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netflix Blu-ray switch??

I went to throw a few blu-rays into my queue and it said my membership needed to be changed to blu-ray status. Question:

Does it cost more?

Can you still rent standards as well??

Cheers- Mike
Old 12-23-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Have you always been able to rent Blu-Rays? If you haven't, you need to go into your account settings and register to allow Blu-Rays to be added to your queue. It doesn't cost anything, but I believe you have to register first before you can add them. Yes, you still can rent SDDVDs, but you have to change your account preferences accordingly. For instance, I've got an HD-DVD and BD player and if any movie I rent is available in either of those formats, it automatically adds the HD/BD version.
Old 12-23-07, 10:03 AM

No it won't let me rent blu-rays until I register i guess?
Old 12-23-07, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
After you register, you can add the blu-rays to your account. I guess it's a bit of protection so the average person doesn't add BD or HD DVD to their queue by mistake.
Old 12-23-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mike2
No it won't let me rent blu-rays until I register i guess?
Yep, rexinnih is right, you just go into your account settings and allow Blu-Ray discs to your account and you're good to go. I just want to reiterate that you also need to change your account preferences to make sure you add BD discs as priority over SD discs. I got a couple of SD discs when I started because I forgot to default my account to HD/BD.
Old 12-24-07, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I just set my account to get BD a couple of weeks ago. It asked me a few times if I was sure, and if I had the proper equipment. After that, it showed me all movies in my queue that were available as BD, and asked me to choose if I wanted standard of BD. After that, it will add BD to my queue. If you access your queue, any movies that are available in either format will have a drop down box, allowing you to specify which movie you want to receive.
Old 12-27-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Doesn't cost anything at all. I set my preference to Blu-Ray, that way if I add a new movie to my queue the BR version is the default choice.