Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Another problem with DeepDiscount (what do I do?)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Another problem with DeepDiscount (what do I do?)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyjg

you have to remember that the OP also posted in the first DD 20% thread about priority shipping and backorders - go read that one as well

Complaining about shipping times and when you actually get it is all pointless. Once its out of DDs hands - it's in 'god's hands' - ie - the postal services / customs agents / government officals etc. Is it a terrorist bomb or a dvd box set ??? should we open it up and see ??!!??

Hell !!! - overseas orderers like me play a game of 'russian roulette' each time we order stuff from the US and UK = "will it arrive today ??" "will the bigger parcel arrive or the single parcel arrive earlier ??"
You completely missed the point, as you did in the first thread as well. It's NOT out of DD's hands - that's the point. Media Mail around Christmas time is a guarantee for a slower-than-usual delivery, simply because of the volume of mail being sent. Knowing this, I was attempting to upgrade shipping. I was originally told I'd need to cancel the order, but when I tried to do so, was told that that could not be done. When I called in, the rep told me about the guaranteed delivery by Christmas for orders shipped after 12/10 (and also advised me that I could still cancel the other two items in the order and re-order them).
Old 12-07-07, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If the item is backordered, there should be no excuse for them not to cancel the sale upon request.
Old 12-18-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not happy.

Item shipped on 12/10. I live one flippin' state over, and I still haven't gotten it. No free upgrade for shipping, either. Starting to wonder if the Christmas gift will indeed be here in time for Christmas. They shipped an SNL Best of DVD that I'd ordered three days before that (12/7) and it hasn't arrived either. I know the mail is slow this time of year, but THAT slow?
Old 12-20-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
I'm pretty f'ing pissed about this company as well. I heard many good things about their prices etc and that's why I finally placed an order for an X-Mas gift for my sister.

I ordered Beauty and the Beast Season 1 on December 8th, the site says it shipped December 9th and low and behold it's the 20th and nothing has arrived yet.

Have you all experienced a ridiculously long shipping time like this? Are they shipping this 4th class mail or something?

I've been on hold for almost 20 minutes now to get some answers.
Old 12-20-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
DD shipped Futurama: Bender's Big Score on November 27. It hadn't arrived by 12/14, so I e-mailed them. and they sent another on Monday, supposedly 2-5 shipping days. It's Thursday and STILL no DVD in my mailbox.

I am not happy.
Old 12-20-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm pretty f'ing pissed about this company as well. I heard many good things about their prices etc and that's why I finally placed an order for an X-Mas gift for my sister.

I ordered Beauty and the Beast Season 1 on December 8th, the site says it shipped December 9th and low and behold it's the 20th and nothing has arrived yet.

Have you all experienced a ridiculously long shipping time like this? Are they shipping this 4th class mail or something?

I've been on hold for almost 20 minutes now to get some answers.
Did you find out anything?

I got the SNL Best of DVD today, so hopefully the box set I'm waiting on comes tomorrow.
Old 12-20-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk God

They told me it's supposed to arrive today, which it didn't. I'm crossing my fingers it comes Friday or Saturday. They said the drop dead cutoff time would be the 27th before it would be considered lost.
Old 12-22-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nothing here yet. Highly pissed.
Old 12-22-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

It's now December 22 and still nothing. I ordered it on the 8th and the site said it shipped on the 9th...WTH is taking so long!!

Mail still hasn't come yet, but I'm losing hope this gift will arrive before X-Mas.

I'm leaning towards never ordering from this company ever gain. This shipping time is ridiculous!
Old 12-22-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Media Mail is slow. Everyone should know that. Stop bitching about it. If you wanted something else upgrade.
Old 12-22-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0
Media Mail is slow. Everyone should know that.
Especially this time of the year when Media Mail becomes the last priority so things get real backed up. If you must have it for gifting, go to a B&M store or at the minimum don't rely on Media Class to get it to you on time.
Old 12-22-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Media mail. I thought DD shipped via 1st class mail. So is Media mail the slowest class or something that's why my shipment has taken over 2 weeks already.

BTW, my shipment still hasn't arrived. Christmas Eve is the last chance to get this for my sister's X-Mas gift.
Old 12-22-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0
Media Mail is slow. Everyone should know that. Stop bitching about it. If you wanted something else upgrade.
If you'd read above, you'd know that I tried that, and was told #1.) I couldn't and #2.) I didn't need to.

Of course, #2 turned out to be true, because the set did indeed arrive today.