DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Anybody a member or e-Rewards? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/512065-anybody-member-e-rewards.html)

Lateralus 09-16-07 01:51 PM

Anybody a member or e-Rewards?

I got an invitation in my email from Best Buy about joining e-Rewards, anybody a member? Is it worth the hassle doing the surveys to get your payment? Anybody know how much they pay?

SFranke 09-16-07 06:30 PM

I am a member. Is it worth it? I guess. The surveys are relatively frequent and pay at least 50 cents per survey. Surveys which you qualify for can pay out up to $10, perhaps more. The surveys are relatively painless.

The only problem is their credit system and the lack of attractive redemption offerings. For instance, you can only redeem for $15 in Borders credit once per year, and each time it is $5 per month for 3 consecutive months. Another bad thing is that many of the selections are actually $X off $X+Y purchase coupons. I will probably continue doing surveys so I can use the credit for FTD.com, since that is the only other worthwhile use of the credit in my opinion.

JB7 09-16-07 06:37 PM

I do it for the Hilton Honors points. :)

treaver 09-16-07 07:29 PM

I have been doing them for a few years.Once a year I use 100 points to get 2000 AA Advantage miles and since I don't travel often I trade them at Points.com for a $10 Target gift card.Helps with my Dvd addiction.

marty888 09-16-07 08:42 PM

Relatively easy to get e-rewards dollars quite quickly. I cashed some in a few months ago for AA miles, and a one-year TV Guide subscription.

reverie 09-17-07 09:34 AM

It's painless enough. As others have said though, it can be hard to find a 'reward' that's really worth it. I think I've done the Borders thing twice now, and that's it so far.

Laser Movies 09-17-07 12:35 PM

I'm also a member of e-rewards. Like others have said it is rather easy and painless to earn points. However my biggest problem is finding things to redeem points on. I usually do the 6 free Blockbuster rentals and the $15 Borders Rewards once a year since that is all they allow for those offers.

Lateralus 09-17-07 06:08 PM

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll give it a shot.

ben12 09-17-07 09:22 PM

It's pretty crappy. I do it for the Borders thing (once a year) and the Hilton points (once every 90 days). I probably won't ever have enough Hilton points to really do anything with them, though. It's slightly less useful than the Coke Rewards program. Like the Coke thing, though, there's not much work involved.

Christi P 09-18-07 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ben12
It's pretty crappy. I do it for the Borders thing (once a year) and the Hilton points (once every 90 days). I probably won't ever have enough Hilton points to really do anything with them, though. It's slightly less useful than the Coke Rewards program. Like the Coke thing, though, there's not much work involved.

I signed up for e-rewards, but gave up on it quickly. It is like playing skee-ball. It is easy to get skee-ball tickets, but then you try to cash them in and it turns out that 700 skee-ball tickets will get you a plastic finger-puppet monster.

Pizza 09-18-07 05:52 PM

If you like voicing your opinion on stuff, it can be fun. (I'm actually disapponted when i don't get to finish a survey because I don't fit the profile they're looking for.) If you're doing it for the "points," then you'll be disappointed, unless you like subscriptions to magazines and such. It does suck that you can only do Borders once a year. They do need to add better items, such as cash. :)

tonyc3742 09-18-07 06:13 PM

I'm a member, but I don't bother doing anything with it. When I signed up, the "awards" were things like 10.00 off a 75$+ purchase at eBags, or stuff like that. I don't bother anymore. There's another one where for a 30 minute survey you get one entry into a contest. Whoopee.
I stick with Mypoints and Surveysavvy.

consoleman 09-18-07 07:28 PM

I was a member, and after finally earning enough points, I requested a discount coupon for some camera shop (Abe Photo, if I recall correctly). Well, my discount coupon never came and even after emailing them and getting no response whatsoever, I pretty much gave up on signing up for any more of their surveys.