Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anybody a member or e-Rewards?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-16-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got an invitation in my email from Best Buy about joining e-Rewards, anybody a member? Is it worth the hassle doing the surveys to get your payment? Anybody know how much they pay?
Old 09-16-07, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a member. Is it worth it? I guess. The surveys are relatively frequent and pay at least 50 cents per survey. Surveys which you qualify for can pay out up to $10, perhaps more. The surveys are relatively painless.

The only problem is their credit system and the lack of attractive redemption offerings. For instance, you can only redeem for $15 in Borders credit once per year, and each time it is $5 per month for 3 consecutive months. Another bad thing is that many of the selections are actually $X off $X+Y purchase coupons. I will probably continue doing surveys so I can use the credit for FTD.com, since that is the only other worthwhile use of the credit in my opinion.
Old 09-16-07, 06:37 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I do it for the Hilton Honors points.
Old 09-16-07, 07:29 PM

I have been doing them for a few years.Once a year I use 100 points to get 2000 AA Advantage miles and since I don't travel often I trade them at Points.com for a $10 Target gift card.Helps with my Dvd addiction.
Old 09-16-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Relatively easy to get e-rewards dollars quite quickly. I cashed some in a few months ago for AA miles, and a one-year TV Guide subscription.
Old 09-17-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's painless enough. As others have said though, it can be hard to find a 'reward' that's really worth it. I think I've done the Borders thing twice now, and that's it so far.
Old 09-17-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also a member of e-rewards. Like others have said it is rather easy and painless to earn points. However my biggest problem is finding things to redeem points on. I usually do the 6 free Blockbuster rentals and the $15 Borders Rewards once a year since that is all they allow for those offers.
Old 09-17-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll give it a shot.
Old 09-17-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts
It's pretty crappy. I do it for the Borders thing (once a year) and the Hilton points (once every 90 days). I probably won't ever have enough Hilton points to really do anything with them, though. It's slightly less useful than the Coke Rewards program. Like the Coke thing, though, there's not much work involved.
Old 09-18-07, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ben12
It's pretty crappy. I do it for the Borders thing (once a year) and the Hilton points (once every 90 days). I probably won't ever have enough Hilton points to really do anything with them, though. It's slightly less useful than the Coke Rewards program. Like the Coke thing, though, there's not much work involved.
I signed up for e-rewards, but gave up on it quickly. It is like playing skee-ball. It is easy to get skee-ball tickets, but then you try to cash them in and it turns out that 700 skee-ball tickets will get you a plastic finger-puppet monster.
Old 09-18-07, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you like voicing your opinion on stuff, it can be fun. (I'm actually disapponted when i don't get to finish a survey because I don't fit the profile they're looking for.) If you're doing it for the "points," then you'll be disappointed, unless you like subscriptions to magazines and such. It does suck that you can only do Borders once a year. They do need to add better items, such as cash.
Old 09-18-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
I'm a member, but I don't bother doing anything with it. When I signed up, the "awards" were things like 10.00 off a 75$+ purchase at eBags, or stuff like that. I don't bother anymore. There's another one where for a 30 minute survey you get one entry into a contest. Whoopee.
I stick with Mypoints and Surveysavvy.
Old 09-18-07, 07:28 PM

I was a member, and after finally earning enough points, I requested a discount coupon for some camera shop (Abe Photo, if I recall correctly). Well, my discount coupon never came and even after emailing them and getting no response whatsoever, I pretty much gave up on signing up for any more of their surveys.