DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DVD Planet Quote Machine (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/510459-dvd-planet-quote-machine.html)

JWill85 08-05-08 03:57 AM

Recieved my credit today as well.

Quake1028 08-05-08 05:58 PM

OK, so I finally got it to work. Have about $700 in credit to send in. How picky are they with the dvd's they get?

kahuna 08-05-08 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Quake1028
OK, so I finally got it to work. Have about $700 in credit to send in. How picky are they with the dvd's they get?

I not sure how picky since I have not had one rejected yet. But 80% of the dvds I have traded in has been new/sealed. I tried to sale most of these on my local craiglast with out any luck. The only thing I have been able to sale is my hd-dvds. So I turned to DvdPlanet.

Just sent in my 6th and 7th Priority Mail Flat rate box. This should take me over the $1125 mark. But I still have a bunch of dvds that are not listed in their quote machine.

kahuna 08-12-08 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by kahuna
Just sent in my 6th and 7th Priority Mail Flat rate box. This should take me over the $1125 mark. But I still have a bunch of dvds that are not listed in their quote machine.

Both boxes arrived at DvdPlanet on Friday and I got credited today.

Matthew Ackerly 09-22-08 12:26 PM

I sent in a box on 9/5, they received it on 9/15 and I have yet to get my credit.

God dammit!

dkny75 09-22-08 02:03 PM

That's only 5 business days. Patience grasshopper.

Matthew Ackerly 09-23-08 03:06 PM

Got my credit today. All discs accepted:)

BJacks 09-24-08 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Quake1028 (Post 8858312)

The only dvds they've rejected from me were promo copies (aka retail copies but with hole punches in the UPC or a sticker over it). It was actually fairly annoying because they accepted my promo copies for years and then out of nowhere, rejected a large shipment I sent and threatened to ban me. Even though I had called beforehand to doublecheck that they were still accepting promo copies.

Anyway, now I'm starting to vent. :) But that notwithstanding, they've been good with everything else.

danicus007 10-08-08 09:46 AM

I just sent in a box and they received it on Sept. 29th and I still don't have my credit. I guess I'll give them a call if it's not credited by the end of today.

danicus007 10-08-08 10:33 AM

Nevermind, about an hour later I received the email regarding my trade-in being accepted. Woohoo. Is the next 20% off sale starting in November?

takingchase 10-10-08 04:17 PM

Does anyone know if dvd planet has a problem if you send movies in those blockbuster cases? I wouldn't mind switching out a some of the good cases for movies I want to trade in for some of the used copies I bought at blockbuster of movies I want to keep.

On a similiar subject does anyone know if they take any of those blockbuster exclusive versions of movies?

Brent L 10-10-08 04:48 PM

A few days ago I sent in a quote for almost $450. :eek:

To keep the questions going, do any of you know if they accept things with the UPC "slashed" or marked through?

I'm going through my collection and just pulling any of the old DVDs I don't "need" to have anymore. Once I realized I was almost at 2k DVDs, I thought it just might be time to purge the collection a bit.

I just wish they offered money instead of just credit though.

takingchase 10-10-08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 8996718)

To keep the questions going, do any of you know if they accept things with the UPC "slashed" or marked through?

I'm going through my collection and just pulling any of the old DVDs I don't "need" to have anymore. Once I realized I was almost at 2k DVDs, I thought it just might be time to purge the collection a bit.

offer them here first to get a little bit of cash if thats what you would prefer

danicus007 10-10-08 04:55 PM

At least they offer the best $$ per DVD. Second Spin offers like 25 cents or $1 for a movie that DVD Planet will give $5+ for. I only wish they would take older versions of movies. If there has been a double dip, they only want the newest version. Kinda sucks. It's a pretty good deal if you're looking to upgrade your disks to BD.

Is the 20% sale going on again this November? I've only got $90 in credit and that sale will get me at least one more Blu-Ray disk.

Brent L 10-11-08 02:54 PM

Holy crap! I mailed my latest quote, the one I mentioned a few posts back, on the 8th of this month. I was just wondering if the DC# I got for it would list it as having been shipped from the location where I mailed it off at, since sometimes it takes a while for even that to update, and to my surprise it was actually delivered to DVDPlanet on the freakin' 11th. It only took three days to get there from SC. This must be a world record for media mail. :lol:

DeanoBKN 10-13-08 10:07 PM

From previous experience, how picky are they when it comes to the case? I have a bunch of mint condition movies that I'm looking to sell, but some of them are in Blockbuster cases. The only advertisement is inside the case, as the Blockbuster logo is stamped on the case. Will they be rejected? I suppose I should just switch out the cases to be safe, but has anybody had success before?

ecwfan 10-15-08 10:54 PM

Is it okay to send in sealed DVDs to DVD Planet? Also, are they strict on having UPC codes match what's in their database? I have some DVDs I would like to trade in that are store exclusives where the UPC differs slightly.

Brent L 10-16-08 06:54 AM

Yes, you can send sealed DVDs to them. I have done it many, many times over this past year. They are also not all that strict on the UPC code matching. As long as the cover matches, or you can tell it is indeed the same thing, they'll likely accept it. Again, I've sent those types of things in over this past year many times.

Heck, if they don't accept something and then when you receive it back from them, you can mail it back to them in a new quote and they'll sometimes accept it then. It just depends on which guy or gal that opens up your package to sort through it all.

Matthew Ackerly 10-16-08 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9002507)
From previous experience, how picky are they when it comes to the case? I have a bunch of mint condition movies that I'm looking to sell, but some of them are in Blockbuster cases. The only advertisement is inside the case, as the Blockbuster logo is stamped on the case. Will they be rejected? I suppose I should just switch out the cases to be safe, but has anybody had success before?

I've sent in many with blockbuster cases and they were accepted

DeanoBKN 10-16-08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly (Post 9007829)
I've sent in many with blockbuster cases and they were accepted

Thanks for the reply. Just to be safe I switched out the cases and sent out my first package yesterday. All of the DVDs were rejected from FYE ($0.01) but DVD Planet is giving me $80 for them. Sounds too good to be true, but we shall see ;)

danicus007 10-16-08 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas (Post 9008447)
Thanks for the reply. Just to be safe I switched out the cases and sent out my first package yesterday. All of the DVDs were rejected from FYE ($0.01) but DVD Planet is giving me $80 for them. Sounds too good to be true, but we shall see ;)

Oh it's true. DVD Planet easily out pays anyone.

n.phelge 10-16-08 02:26 PM

What I want to know: what are they doing with all of these used discs since they aren't selling them on their site?

Brent L 10-16-08 03:20 PM

They have two B&M stores, so maybe they have a huge used section there.

I'd like to know for sure also.

Brent L 10-17-08 12:10 PM

Well, I got the credit for this huge order today. They accepted every single thing I sent them, including three box sets with the UPC code marked through or slashed. :D

cleverusername 10-17-08 06:07 PM

I sent a box on October 10 via FedEx Ground to their alternate address. They received them on 10/14 and I had my credit on 10/16. Awesome turn around!