Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

FYE rebates: Click Choice Virtual Debit Card Option?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-24-07, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently participated in an FYE rebate for 300, which promised a $7 check. Much to my surprise, the rebate was quickly validated without requiring a phone call from me! I was emailed a tracking number today, and upon checking the status, I noticed another option:

You can choose any one of the items below as your rebate reward in lieu of the rebate check. There is no extra cost to you.
About ClickChoice
The great rebate alternative offer! a $10 Value! (Retail Value: 10.00)
You can choose this instead of a check. - $10.00 Virtual Debit Card
You may use this online at www.fye.com or you may print it out and use it at one of our stores.

Has anyone ever chosen this option? I can't find anything more about it- on dvdtalk or through a google search. It sounds like I can either have a $7 check, or a $10 FYE gift card. Is that too good to be true? Will there be restrictions on the spending (like only valid on full priced items or purchases where no rebate is applicable?) Will the "virtual debit card" expire quickly?

I'm a backstage pass member, and expect I will have reason to shop at FYE again soon. But, I've never read anything about this offer, and I'm hesitant to believe it's as good as it sounds.

Thanks in advance for your opinion!
Old 08-24-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It doesn't sound too unreasonable. They offer a $10 gift card because they want it to seem like a better deal. If they offered a $7 gift card, the majority of people would pick the check. Instead of just giving you $7 they can now give you a $10 gift card. This way you have to come back to their store to buy something else and spend more money.