Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon: Changing prices after being searched?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at a canons lens last week and it was $72.99, camera bag was $29.99. Last night the lens was up to $79.99 and the bag is now $34.99. Anybody know if they pull this kind of crap or am I just paranoid. I signed up for amazon prime after I did the searches. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.
Old 07-19-07, 08:33 PM

I don't think you're looking at a conspiracy here. Their prices move all around constantly. They'll probably change again next week.
Old 07-19-07, 09:16 PM

I have seen Amazon prices SKYROCKET, up $10-20 and then FALL that and more within a week, even a day or 2. It happens and the way luck goes, usually on the item(s) you were interested in. You just ahave to wait, if you can, and BUY when you see the price drop.

I missed out on something because I hesitated, and it went up $40+. Several weeks later it was actually $10-15 LESS than when I was about to buy. So I bought it!

It is up to you as to the price you want to pay and remember that sometimes if you wait you may lose it or you will have to wait a LONG time, maybe, for the price to come back down.

Several years ago, the Star Trek Voyager 7 Seasons went on sale for around $300, it was like that ONE day or less. I did not buy. The next time I looks, hours or no more than overnight, it was around $500+. Couple weeks later, I watched it everyday, it went back to around $300. I immediately bought and it was backordered, but another couple weeks and I finally got it.

Just my 2 pennies.
Old 07-20-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FWIW, Amazon will refund the difference if the price goes down within 30 days of purchase. The trick is to be vigilant enough to notice it went down. There is a website out there, don't remember it off the top of my head, that you can put a list of items in and it will watch them for you, letting you know if the price does come down.
Old 07-20-07, 01:03 AM

Google Amazon Price Watch and you'll find the tool.

Phil