Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Should I not be ordering from cd-wow?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just placed an order with them and now I'm worrying that I might not get it. I thought it should've shipped by now (it's been about 5 days) Anyone have recent experience from them?
Old 07-07-07, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered Warriors Two and Magnificent Butcher about two weeks ago. I did not receive a shipping email notice, the order number did not show up on Cd-wow's tracking system, and even after e-mailing customer service about the status of the orders, they responded by saying they had no information about them. But the items arrived 8 days after the day I ordered them. So cd-wow seems very out of whack but you should get your items.
Old 07-08-07, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to have great service from CD-WOW. Last month I placed an order from them, never got any response or acknowledgement, nothing showed online. I sent them an email, they said they had my order and that they were having a problem with their system, that's why it wouldn't show. Should be fixed in 2 days. 3 weeks later, still didn't hear anything from them, still didn't show up online. Sent another email, got the same exact reply. Told them to cancel it, they said they couldn't because of a technical problem again. Said it was going to be fixed within 2 days. 2 days later it wasn't. I called my bank, had the charges reversed, walked away not wanting to order from them again.
Old 07-11-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yikes, well I've gotten shipping confirmations from them for the DVDs I ordered. Everything seems to be going ok.
Old 07-12-07, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It's been a few years since I've ordered from them, but I'd placed about 10 orders overall. I had one issue (a DVD that was obviously used) which they fixed with a personalized email and store credit.

I actually had packages from them arrive before orders arrived from Amazon.com, ordered on the same day, and my CD-Wow shipment came from the UK.

But, again, it's been years for me since the last order.