Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone else who has problems with DDD?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-30-07, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know alot of people here are big fans of DDD, but I have never had anything but trouble with them.

The first time I order something from them a few years ago, the item didn't come at all and I really had to fight them for a refund, so I have been reluctant to order from them.

But so many people here sing their praises that I finally gave in a few weeks ago and made another order. They sent me a shipping notice (standard mail)on the 16th and I just got it yesterday 29th, the strange thing about the lengthy shipping time is I only live about 200 miles from them in the same state.

But the real problem was, 2 out of 3 of the items had badly broken cases with the DVDs loose. I am sending them back and I am sure they will give me a refund but I think that is it for me and DDD. I just never have these kind of problems with Amazon, YesAsia, BestBuyOnline, etc... Shit I haven't had this much shitty luck ordering from Ebay Sellers.

Am I really the only one who has problems with them???
Old 01-30-07, 07:46 AM

positive rating

I've ordered several hundred items from DDD over the past few years, mainly during their 20% off sales, and have never had missing shipments or damaged goods. On occasion they've forgotten an item or sent the wrong title, but that's always been easy to correct with an email to CS. For the high volume of business and low number of problems I've had, I'd rate them ahead of Amazon, DVD Planet, DVD Pacific and several small etailers. Between your shipping problems and state taxes, I can see why you're ready to drop them though.
Old 01-30-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry I can't add to the problems issue much. I've had damaged/loose discs sent, but after an e-mail to them, it always got fixed pretty readily. There are only two things (both dealing with slightly damaged cases/covers) that I never took up with them, so that's my fault. Over-all I'm pretty satisfied!

Also- sure the shipping is slow, but I know that, and it's not like I'm lacking on things to watch in the meantime!
Old 01-30-07, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're not the only one with issues:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=483550
Old 01-30-07, 09:23 AM

returns require RA

Originally Posted by grenier
You're not the only one with issues:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=483550
I read the first few complaints, mostly about returns, and was surprised there was no mention of an RA number. Returns require an authorization number assigned by DDD. Without one, it's very hard to identify a package delivered to the warehouse and take the correct action. Even if the customer has tracking information, he may be liable for delays and a restocking fee. You should always ask for an RA number when setting up a return. I like to do it by email since CS sends a reply with the number and a shipping label for you to print and attach to the package. There's no waiting for reply mail and you can send it back the same day.
Old 01-30-07, 10:13 AM

I've had no problems with them. I learned about them and their sales from this website. I had a return before Christmas. It was the X3 collectors edition, and it had the version with less deleted scenes. DDD, no questions asked took it back. About a month passed and still no sign of the credit. So I sent them an email and within a day my card was credited. I was really skeptical about ordering DVD's online, but DDD has changed that.
Old 01-30-07, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

90% of the problems people experience have everything to do with how competent the USPS is, and specifically how much abuse is heaped upon the packages by their local distribution/carriers.

This is why some people have no problems where they live in areas where their mail carriers know how to find your place and don't punt your package to your door from the street, but unfortunately sometimes the USPS just destroys or delays things.

Even if you live close, your package may come quick or take a while because a shipping notice doesn't necessarily mean it went out on that day. Free shipments accumulate until DDD has enough to send out and then... rinse and repeat.
Old 01-30-07, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've probably received a few hundred dvds from them in the past few years with almost no problems. I received a damaged Six Feet Under set in the last sale and they shipped out a new set for me when I called them.
Old 01-30-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
There are many people here who have had problems with them. I won't buy from them anymore. I don't care for the way they do business.

I will say this about DDD...they are no Buy.com. But that's like saying your Lions are no Raiders.

Now I love Amazon, nary a problem with them.
Old 01-30-07, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by perigee
Returns require an authorization number assigned by DDD. Without one, it's very hard to identify a package delivered to the warehouse and take the correct action.
That's not true at all. If you read DDD's return policy, all they require is that you include the packing slip and a note why it's being returned.
Old 01-30-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
90% of the problems people experience have everything to do with how competent the USPS is, and specifically how much abuse is heaped upon the packages by their local distribution/carriers.
Sure, some of the damage is caused in shipping but not all of it can be explained by that. When I order a number of DVDs and the shipping box is pristine and there's a DVD in the middle of the box damaged, that's not USPS. I'm not talking just a floater, a floater where the Amaray hub is broken. That was wrecked before it was placed in the box.
Old 01-30-07, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've made probably 2-3 dozen orders with them over the past few years. Never a problem until my last purchase, which never arrived (a month later, it was still a no-show). So I e-mailed them, and they got back to me quickly saying they were re0-sending the order, and to refuse it if the original showed up.

I got the re-shipped order today. The original never did appear. So I have to give 100% thumbs-up to DDD!
Old 01-31-07, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by grenier
That's not true at all. If you read DDD's return policy, all they require is that you include the packing slip and a note why it's being returned.
It seems they have a second return policy for non-customer service returns.
Your refund will be credited to your credit card when your return is processed in our warehouse. To speed the process of issuing you a credit please remember to include your original packing slip and mark it as: "Guaranteed You'll Like It - Return".

You do not need to call or email customer service to receive an authorization prior to sending your return under the "Guaranteed You'll Like It!" program. Simply return the product under the guidelines listed above.
People who use this method only need to enclose the packing slip and mark it as indicated. I've never gone this route, but I stand corrected. I'd still rather get an RA number since it's proof of prior agreement with the company to accept a return.
Old 01-31-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by perigee
I'd still rather get an RA number since it's proof of prior agreement with the company to accept a return.
True, that's always a good idea to speed things along. I would think they'd require RA numbers just to make it easier on the people processing the returns, perhaps that's why they seem to have problems.
Old 01-31-07, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Once I ordered something and got the confirmation email which had added a movie that I hadn't even looked at on the site.

Another time I ordered a dvd that cost around $35 and they ended up sending me the wrong thing which was a dvd set that cost around $200.

Bastards.
Old 01-31-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
I usually have at least 1 damaged dvd case when I order from DDD. I'm not anal about the condition of the boxes, but it is annoying how frequently it happens. Sometimes there is damage on the box they shipped in, other times there is not.

I've never sent one back, so I can comment on how that is handled.
Old 01-31-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No merchant is perfect so I guess we're all just hoping to have a purchase that doesn't turn out to be much of a problem. I think Buy.com is the worst with a large lead on the rest of the field and then DVDPlanet with DeepDiscount tied with the rest (Amazon, Bestprices, FamilyVideo, Walmart etc.)