Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy tells me to ask around my neighborhood

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy tells me to ask around my neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grenier
That works only if you have that type of mailbox. We don't have that style in this area, they are all hung on the house.
What you need to do is write in big letters on the mail or packages Delivered To Wrong Address and leave them at the post office or throw them in a PO Box and it should stop. I had a PO box a few years ago and all of a sudden 2 or 3 times a week I would get mail for the wrong box and I would take it back to the counter. After a month I gave up and started writing on the mail and put it in the outgoing mail slot and it stopped soon after.

Old 01-13-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
well did you ask your neighbor
Old 01-14-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't have believed all of these negative stories about Best Buy, until yesterday. I called the Reward Zone line, to let them know that I haven't received my Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest lithograph which was supposed to be mailed to me by mid-December. The first person I spoke to said, "Did you check around your neighborhood, to see if it was mailed to someone else?" I absolutely couldn't believe it. Check around my neighborhood?! Who knows how many people live around me, and I only know a couple of them. Then, the lady made up some crap about the stores having these, and I should go to the store. I knew this wasn't true, because the site said they would mail it. Just to verify, I called the store. The lady in customer service said they never had any lithographs in the store, or she would be happy to give me one. I then called back, and the guy I spoke to this time, said they don't even handle the Reward Zone promotions at that number. Okay, who do I call? The guy tells me to call back to the same number, but ask for online promotions. I call, and the lady I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. After asking her what has happened with Best Buy, and why nobody there has any accountability, she took my name and number, to pass it on to her supervisor, to see if he/she could find out anything. Now, I'm supposed to wait for an E-mail or call. We'll see!

I should also mention that all three of the representatives I spoke with spoke horrible English, and I could hardly understand a word they were saying.

Sad, seeing what Best Buy has turned into. Where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
Old 01-14-07, 07:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered some stuff for christmas a couple years ago and it was a disaster. The xbox steering wheel shipped in the regular box with a shipping label and was dented and banged up like nothing I've ever seen before. The xbox light gun never showed up and I had to argue with them for two months before they finally credited my account, which still took an additional three weeks to appear on my account. Needless to say I don't order anything from them anymore.