Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD and returns...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD and returns...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CardiffGiant

It's funny because people say their customer service is good. Yes, everyone has been nice, but nobody knows what's going on over there. The person I talked to today said she had never put in a call tag before and that if I didn't hear anything in a week to call them back. I told her this is the fourth consecutive time that someone has told me that. I don't even know what to do at this point and I am so frustrated. I guess it's just time to start going to all of those people that I told to shop at DDD and tell them to go elsewhere.

I just don't understand how this is that difficult. I'm over a month and a half out on trying to return this.
Sounds very similar to my experience. Last week they told me to call them again next week if I didn't hear anything on my return. I'm almost at the one month period and still no word if they received the DVD I returned, and no refund credited to my credit card account. Is anyone from DDD monitoring this thread and can offer some answers to what is going on?
Old 01-13-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

An update on my return situation. I called DDD again today about the status of the DVD I returned. The CSR who was at least polite and friendly said she saw no record yet of my DVD being received by the warehouse. However after putting me on hold to talk to a supervisor she returned to tell me they will go ahead and process my refund anyway. So when the refund is actually posted to my credit card I'll be satisfied even though it took several calls to get it resolved.
Old 01-15-07, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPS showed up to return the "DVD" shelves. Funny thing is...DDD told me that they would call me. I told the guy that I didn't have a label. He had the label with him. So, that was a nice surprise. The only thing I wonder about now is how long it will take me to get a refund for the shelves. I have certainly learned from this experience that you pay a price for good deals. I still haven't had any problems with DVD's, but I will be wary in the future about what I order from DDD.
Old 01-16-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I Had To Return Several Items Over The Years And Never Had Any Problems
Old 01-17-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quick question. I ordered $200+ last Thanksgiving Sale. I just realized that I have two Simpsons S8 Disc 2's. It's past 30 days, obviously. Has anyone tried returning something past 30 days?? Thanks
Old 01-17-07, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
Quick question. I ordered $200+ last Thanksgiving Sale. I just realized that I have two Simpsons S8 Disc 2's. It's past 30 days, obviously. Has anyone tried returning something past 30 days?? Thanks
Call them up and ask them. Don't email.

The reps have quite a bit of latitude in these things.
Last year I was allowed to return a defective item after several months.
I was told it was a one-time thing as a courtesy to me.
I only brought it up after having them fix an issue they were at fault in,
so perhaps guilt influenced their decision. YMMV.

Give them a try.
Old 01-23-07, 05:25 PM

***Update***
Eight days and I'm still waiting on my refund. So, I got them to clear this thing out of my house, now I wonder how hard it's going to be to get my money back. What a pain.
Old 01-24-07, 10:54 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just want to provide another data point. I just completed a successful exchange with DDD for a set that had a defective disc. Took about 13 days via media mail to be received/credited by DDD, but that included a couple of federal holidays. Took another week to week and a half to get the new set. That's the 2nd time I've had to return something there and both have worked out OK. I was a little concerned that it took so long to get there, but it was implied to me that I wouldn't be stuck with a loss if the package never showed up.
Old 01-24-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, this has always been my only beef with DDD, this past sale and June's sale, had to return a dvd and it took a call just to get them to refund the money. Example from this sale is sending back a dvd on 12/6; calling around 1/5 to get refund, they say they don't have it. Call today and they say, "I don't know what happened here", and they will refund the money today.

Had exact same situation happen during the June sale also, where I had to call and follow up just to ge the refund. Do they do this just to see if some people forget and they can pocket the refund?
Bad business practice if you ask me and I doubt it's really a mistake since I don't think it takes 2 months for a returned dvd to arrive back to them.
Old 02-08-07, 04:13 PM

It's been about a month now. I called CS and the rep. basically told me tough shit and that I just had to be patient. I said that I returned this thing a month ago and he said "these things take time" and that it has to go through 3 other processes before it is refunded. I wonder if there will be any changes with the new site or if DDD (or DD) will be more screwed up in the future. After spending a good deal of money there over the last few years, I think I may have hit my limit after this fiasco. The customer service is completely hit or miss (I've gotten some very nice and some not so nice responses). This entire process has taken over three months, so I don't know if I could trust ordering there again.