Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ddd (us) To Canada Shipment Problems?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 01:11 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any Canadian customers who order through the US DDD site have any problems with receiving their orders. I ordered 12 DVDs through the Paramount deal, which were shipped out Oct 4, and they have not arrived yet.
I called customer service and they were nice enough to refund my shipping charges ($5.95), but I am really worried about the actual shipment. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this, and if so how long did it take for the discs to eventually arrive?
Old 10-26-06, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
3 weeks is certainly not unusual for receiving a shipment in Canada from DDD. Especially with 12 DVD's since it will certainly be tagged by customs and possibly opened as well. I wouldn't panic just yet.
Old 10-26-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sometimes it takes that long for US orders
Old 10-27-06, 12:11 AM
Cool New Member

Give the customs officer a break, hey, the guy needs some time to take the movies home and make copies of your DVDs before clearing them for customs. That's probably the reason for the delay.
Old 10-27-06, 07:52 AM
Moi

LOL!

Gabecb, if it's any help, a friend sent me just a small padded envelope from the US and it took 17 days to get here... seems like an awfully long time for something that small, and yours is a bigger box from a company too. I hope you get your order! But yeah, seems like the mail from the US is sure taking it's time lately.
Old 10-27-06, 01:34 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Moi
LOL!

Gabecb, if it's any help, a friend sent me just a small padded envelope from the US and it took 17 days to get here... seems like an awfully long time for something that small, and yours is a bigger box from a company too. I hope you get your order! But yeah, seems like the mail from the US is sure taking it's time lately.
Especially considering I just got a HUGE package from the NETHERLANDS and it took 3 business days to get here!
And every time I have ordered from Amazon UK I have it in my hands in under a week. I'm no mailorder newbie, but 3+ weeks seems like a very very long time.
Old 10-27-06, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DDD orders can take up to 5 weeks to arrive.

I've ordered a lot from them over the years, and the last couple months seem to have gotten a lot worse.
Old 10-27-06, 03:37 PM

It takes DDD two weeks to get something to me and I'm in the US, so it's no surprise that it's taking so long to Canada.
Old 10-27-06, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Today (the 27th) I got an order that shipped on the 4th. So a little over 3 weeks.
Old 10-29-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You should have received a shipping confirmation with the approximate delivery time.

I ordered two Megasets that were shipped on Oct 24 and the delivery time is 10-20 business days.