Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What about DVDPacific?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

What about DVDPacific?

Old 09-21-06, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
What about DVDPacific?

I'm loyal to places like DDD and CDUniverse (for the very scarce DVDs), with both of which I have had almost completely positive experiences. But, when I check in at PriceSearch, DVDPacific usually trumps everyone else with regard to prices. Of course, if one waits for DDD's bi-yearly sales it's moot, but sometimes I want to buy DVDs between sales.
Does DDD price-match, and, if so, how does one incorporate that with the secure shopping cart?
I have tried Pacific once and it wasn't good (with the stuff out of stock for many weeks, and no communication, I eventually cancelled order).
Old 09-21-06, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have only ordered once from them recently, last several months. It was a good experience. No problems, no disk or crushed stuff. They even honored a price mistake; it was "in-stock" when I ordered but they had to backorder, and I still got it -- took awhile though.

So all in all, I would say good, atleast for this one order.
Old 09-23-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts
Thanks for the input forumsmy. Judging from the dearth of responses, not many here buy from Pacific, which is surprising given the rock-bottom prices.
Old 09-23-06, 10:46 AM

It may be the shipping that alot of people adamitly (sp?) do not want to pay, no matter what the shipping cost and the total price, including shipping, may be. Some are totally adverse to paying for shipping when they can get free shipping elsewhere.
Old 09-23-06, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I've bought items there several times, no problems. A friend of mine buys from them regularly as he has found several items not available elsewhere, and many silent & foreign films at the lowest on-line prices.
There was one item he had that was back-ordered, and it did take nearly three months for it to show up - but since it wasn't available anywhere else, he was quite satisfied.
Old 09-23-06, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have ordered from them twice (box sets) and everything went fine. I beleive they do estimated shipping and I think I read here before if you order multiple items they may ship seperatley and charge for shipping each time. Correct me if I'am wrong it might have been someplace else.
Old 09-23-06, 05:19 PM
Suspended

DVDpacific had a major security breech a few years ago. LOTS of people had their card numbers stolen, me being one of them. They did admit their mistake, but not before hundreds of dollars had been charged to peoples' cards. I would never order from them again. They may say their site is secure now, but they said that before the breech too.
Old 09-23-06, 06:24 PM

I have actually purchased from them for many years now and found them to be one of the best online stores.
Old 09-27-06, 06:12 AM

DVD Pacific have been my #1 store for several years now. Excellent customer service always and the prices are about the best out there on a day to day basis.
Old 09-30-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: What about DVDPacific?

Dammit, DVDPacific is charging for shipping again. It becomes free only if you purchase $30 or more. There goes the savings on the great prices.
Old 10-02-09, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dullboy
Dammit, DVDPacific is charging for shipping again. It becomes free only if you purchase $30 or more. There goes the savings on the great prices.
Heck, you're right! That is a total disappointment. I've ordered alot of DVDs with them because of their competitive prices. They won't see me there anymore.
Old 10-02-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've ordered from DVDPacific numerous times and I've always received great service. I am disappointed to learn that they're charging for shipping again.
Old 10-02-09, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought from them once, they screwed up in my benefit (sent me two Die Hard sets, charged me once) but then wanted me to pay for shipping to fix the problem, which I was unwilling to do. After that I figured if something went wrong not to their benefit, they'd probably do even worse so I didn't shop there again.
Old 10-03-09, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by fitlissa76
DVDpacific had a major security breech a few years ago. LOTS of people had their card numbers stolen, me being one of them. They did admit their mistake, but not before hundreds of dollars had been charged to peoples' cards. I would never order from them again. They may say their site is secure now, but they said that before the breech too.
thats why i use paypal on every site, even the ones that don't accept it.

theres a program you can get that generates a visa/mastercard for your paypal account allowing you to use your paypal account anywhere and changes everytime you want it to so people cant steal your shit
Old 10-07-09, 10:48 PM

I've used them several times with no problems. Great prices, and they never cancel a back order. Hell may freeze over before you get it, but at least there's still a chance. What's to lose, if you can't even order the disc anywhere else? It's not hard to put together a 30.00 order to get free shipping.
Old 10-08-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, so they're back to a $30 minimum... for a while there was no minimum for free shipping.
Old 10-24-09, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by hilts
I've used them several times with no problems. Great prices, and they never cancel a back order. Hell may freeze over before you get it, but at least there's still a chance. What's to lose, if you can't even order the disc anywhere else? It's not hard to put together a 30.00 order to get free shipping.
I agree, $30 is pretty easy to do to get the free shipping. I looked back through my order history with them and over 90% of my orders would have qualified anyway.