Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon.com site problems?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon.com site problems?

Old 09-21-06, 11:07 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon.com site problems?

Anyone having problems connecting to amazon.com? Can't get to it or ping it either outside or inside our firewall. Can't get to IMDB either.
Old 09-21-06, 11:31 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Harbor City, CA USA
Posts: 986
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
Anyone having problems connecting to amazon.com? Can't get to it or ping it either outside or inside our firewall. Can't get to IMDB either.
Works for me
Old 09-21-06, 09:13 PM
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 272
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some days it works for me & others it doesn't. I know other folks who have this problem too. Another thing lately with Amazon is you can do a search for an item & then click on a result, but that page for the item won't load unless you refresh it a bunch of times.
Old 09-21-06, 09:26 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 324
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fitlissa76
Some days it works for me & others it doesn't. I know other folks who have this problem too. Another thing lately with Amazon is you can do a search for an item & then click on a result, but that page for the item won't load unless you refresh it a bunch of times.

I've been having that problem also. It also does it sometimes when I try to log in to complete my order.
Old 09-22-06, 09:59 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
matome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: NY
Posts: 12,304
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both amazon and IMDB started working for me again yesterday afternoon. I definitely couldn't connect in the morning though. I've generally never had a problem with either of those sites before
Old 09-22-06, 10:20 AM
  #6  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something's going on with Amazon's site. It's a bit slow for me lately. Kinda hit or miss.
Old 09-22-06, 11:08 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: the oc (don't call it that)
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wasn't working for me yesterday. it never timed out, but the front page kept trying to load.
Old 09-22-06, 06:10 PM
  #8  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
Both amazon and IMDB started working for me again yesterday afternoon. I definitely couldn't connect in the morning though. I've generally never had a problem with either of those sites before
Yeah, same here but the wierd thing about Amazon that it works but I can't see the images of the DVD pictures on it but it is working now though

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.