Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Yet another best buy bad experience

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Yet another best buy bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad I never got involved with the whole RZ gimmick. All I hear on these forums is how Best Buy wont take said coupon or the cashier doesn't know how to process it, etc, etc, etc. Thank God I missed that boat.
Old 08-17-06, 10:26 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by C_Fletch
I'm glad I never got involved with the whole RZ gimmick. All I hear on these forums is how Best Buy wont take said coupon or the cashier doesn't know how to process it, etc, etc, etc. Thank God I missed that boat.
Yeah, me too. Ive so far have gotten $425 worth of certificates on a card that has costed me $0 for the past 4 years. Best Buy sucks!
Old 08-21-06, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^Yep, $350 for me in the past couple of years and I've never had a problem there.
Old 08-22-06, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts
^^^ I used to be a RZ junkie and then I switched to buying from CH DDD and DVD Planet and have saved literally thousands over RZ bonuses
Old 08-22-06, 10:26 PM

One time I was really pissed off at BB. My sister decided to buy an MP3 player. Well despite being fairly young & working with computers since we were younger we don't know much about them. So she picks one up & asks one of the salesclerks where to find the cases. He told her where they were but added that it came with a case. Then he turned around to the other 4 guys (who prior to our question had all been standing around either doing nothing or attempting kung fu) & said something along the lines of stupid girl, maybe she wants 4 cases. I wanted to go tell his supervisor, but she stopped me even though she rarely goes there. Ugh.
Old 08-23-06, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 334 Likes on 253 Posts
Has ANYONE gotten the Western Digital hard drive there that's on sale this week? I went to one Worst Buy yesterday and they had another (higher-priced) drive on the shelf by the price tag for the one on sale, I asked some dumb broad working there if I could get a rain check, and she checked something and said "Sorry, we don't have that one anymore." I went to another one tonight and they didn't have any either, though the space was marked on the shelf and it was shown in the sales flyer. I asked someone for a rain check and they told me I had to ask someone who worked in the computer department, so I spent about half an hour waiting for someone to show up in the computer department who actually worked there. They gave me a rain check, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on being able to get it later. The rain check says "We will contact you when this item is in stock" but I'll eat my hat if they actually do that!
Old 08-23-06, 05:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Has ANYONE gotten the Western Digital hard drive there that's on sale this week? I went to one Worst Buy yesterday and they had another (higher-priced) drive on the shelf by the price tag for the one on sale, I asked some dumb broad working there if I could get a rain check, and she checked something and said "Sorry, we don't have that one anymore." I went to another one tonight and they didn't have any either, though the space was marked on the shelf and it was shown in the sales flyer. I asked someone for a rain check and they told me I had to ask someone who worked in the computer department, so I spent about half an hour waiting for someone to show up in the computer department who actually worked there. They gave me a rain check, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on being able to get it later. The rain check says "We will contact you when this item is in stock" but I'll eat my hat if they actually do that!
Oh, definitely don't wait for them to contact you. A few years ago there was a hard to find video (was not available on DVD yet & this was when they still carried VHS) I was trying to find there. They'd carried it previously, so I had somebody check to see if they could order it for me. They could & they did. Thing is, they were supposed to call me. So, a couple of weeks go by & they don't call me. I went to the store to see if maybe they got some in stock. They had more than 1. So, I went ahead & bought it. So, I kid you not, about 2 more months go by & I've altogether forgotten about them calling me, but guess who calls me up to tell me my video is at the service desk ! LOL geez, dumb people. Btw, Best Buy rain checks are only good for, I think, 45 days. It may be less. Definitely keep checking & don't wait for them to call you.