Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone enrolled at Great Fun on DDD ?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

During checkout, I had received an option for a trial for Great Fun - they were supposed to send me a rebate for 20$ off for trying them out. Havent recieved it, even after calling them( they said they were mailing it to my home).
Anyone else have a good experience with Great Fun ? Wondering if I should register a compliant at BBB - not that 20$ is a big amount, but simply because they are not doing what they promised ?
Whic should I file the complaint against ? DDD or Great Fun ?
Also, anyone remember what was the exact amout of the rebate ?
Old 07-06-06, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I signed up for the $20.00 GreatFun bonus rebate at check-out and received the check before my trial ended. I canceled since then since I didn't find anything more from them.. though I canceled about two weeks before the DDD 20% off... not sure if I could've stacked the 5% off.
Old 07-06-06, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cashed one of those infamous checks ($5) they send out. It was on June 1 and it took awhile for them to "process" it but after about 3 weeks I called their 800 # and was able to get my membership info. I am currently in my 30 day trial period and last week used the 5% discount at DDD. So far no problems with them charging me the annual $119. I think the offer is different online and you are only charged monthly ($9.99) when you don't cancel during your 30-day trial.

Are you currently enrolled in Great Fun or was this some time ago?
Old 07-06-06, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mojamoja
Yes, I signed up for the $20.00 GreatFun bonus rebate at check-out and received the check before my trial ended. I canceled since then since I didn't find anything more from them.. though I canceled about two weeks before the DDD 20% off... not sure if I could've stacked the 5% off.
They're not stackable. DDD only accepts one promotion code at a time.
I've done about 25 of these memberships either through DDD or CH (Columbiahouse). Worked like a charm every time.
I did 2 during the 20% sale (one in my wife's name) and cancelled both even before the $20 checks came in the mail. Received one last week and the 2nd yesterday.
Old 07-06-06, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I cashed one of those infamous checks ($5) they send out. It was on June 1 and it took awhile for them to "process" it but after about 3 weeks I called their 800 # and was able to get my membership info. I am currently in my 30 day trial period and last week used the 5% discount at DDD. So far no problems with them charging me the annual $119. I think the offer is different online and you are only charged monthly ($9.99) when you don't cancel during your 30-day trial.

Are you currently enrolled in Great Fun or was this some time ago?
Hmmm.
I'm still in the 30 day trial phase - I joined June 19.
Old 07-06-06, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by mojamoja
Do we actually have to fill out a rebate form or is it automatic ?
Old 07-07-06, 09:08 AM

i sent in all the paper work in march, called them yesterday (at 4 diffferent #s) and they said a check will be resent to me.
Old 07-09-06, 12:33 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I signed up during the DDD 20% off sale and their system said the CC had already been used to sign up previously (I did that early this year at buy.com). Looks like you have to sign up with a different CC everytime you want to take advantage of it.
Old 10-03-06, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
They're not stackable. DDD only accepts one promotion code at a time.
I've done about 25 of these memberships either through DDD or CH (Columbiahouse). Worked like a charm every time.
I did 2 during the 20% sale (one in my wife's name) and cancelled both even before the $20 checks came in the mail. Received one last week and the 2nd yesterday.
I just cancelled today. I know it was a rebate up to $20 and my initial enrollment order was about $16.xx. I used it the 5% discount twice on small orders at DDD & DDcd. The CD discount somehow didn't take even though it was on my receipt. The shipping e-mail shows I was charged FULL price. Not gonna argue over 70 cents. *sigh*

I only mailed my rebate form last week. How long does it usually take? It will still process even though the membership is cancelled as of today?
Old 10-04-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I just cancelled today. I know it was a rebate up to $20 and my initial enrollment order was about $16.xx. I used it the 5% discount twice on small orders at DDD & DDcd. The CD discount somehow didn't take even though it was on my receipt. The shipping e-mail shows I was charged FULL price. Not gonna argue over 70 cents. *sigh*

I only mailed my rebate form last week. How long does it usually take? It will still process even though the membership is cancelled as of today?
I usualy give it 4 to 6 weeks to receive the rebate. Just did one at DDD yesterday. Bought Pet Sematary and Dead Zone for $9.44 and signed up for Traveller's Advantage (part of the same company as Great Fun) for a $10 rebate