Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD - my orders don't seem to take or something...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-06, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I placed an order on 5-23 and still have 0 confirmation on it. I placed another order on 5-24 and its the same thing, 0 confirmation. my order status page shows no orders too. I sent an email on the 24th asking about my 1st order and haven't heard anything back yet. I tried to call once and got nothing. it just continued ringing. I placed another order today and the same thing is happening again. has anyone else experienced this?
Old 05-26-06, 02:16 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
They have a very buggy site. I have had similar problems this week. The funny thing is their site is better than it used to be and this kind of problem still remains.
Old 05-26-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I guess you missed the 3-4 threads on this main page about how terrible these guys are. I personally will never order from them again.
Old 05-26-06, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had trouble with every single thing DDD in the last month. I had orders not go through, I had orders go through too many times, I was sent 3 wrong copies of a movie, returned them for a refund, and got four more back. I ordered a double pack DVD, got just one in the mail, and had a horrible ordeal even getting the other one sent out. Emails and calls to customer service haven't been all that helpful either. It's getting on my nerves.

I should just stop using them based on this month alone, but with the 20 percent off sale lurking, I probably will just shop elsewhere until then. I am weak.
Old 05-26-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by onebyone
I have had trouble with every single thing DDD in the last month. I had orders not go through, I had orders go through too many times, I was sent 3 wrong copies of a movie, returned them for a refund, and got four more back. I ordered a double pack DVD, got just one in the mail, and had a horrible ordeal even getting the other one sent out. Emails and calls to customer service haven't been all that helpful either. It's getting on my nerves.

I should just stop using them based on this month alone, but with the 20 percent off sale lurking, I probably will just shop elsewhere until then. I am weak.
You should. We all should until they get their act together. It will be fun to see how long the thread gets for all the problems there will be with the 20% off sale.

These guys are incompetent, and with their most recent actions, frauds.
Old 05-27-06, 09:25 AM
Cool New Member

Wow... I just feel compelled to respond to this. I've probably made 10 or so orders from DDD this year and only one has had any problem at all. When I discovered that problem, I had no problem reaching customer service, they were very friendly and helpful, and it was resolved immediately.

I find DDD's customer service and overall quality to be about the same as Amazon and FAR, FAR better than Buy.com (who I've pledged myself I will never buy from again). I've found myself recommending DDD to more and more people recently based on my own experiences and I feel like all this bashing is not at all deserved.
Old 05-27-06, 11:47 AM
Cool New Member

I haven't had problems with their site, but my recent orders from them have taken longer than usual to arrive at my house. That is probably the Postal Service's fault, though.
Old 05-29-06, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe. But why then do things I buy through E-Bay, shipped media mail get here much quicker? I'm not the only one having problems either.
Old 05-29-06, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dablueguy
Maybe. But why then do things I buy through E-Bay, shipped media mail get here much quicker? I'm not the only one having problems either.
I have noticed this as well. I usually order with the free shipping (media mail) and it usually takes just about 2 weeks to arrive. My wife ordered something recently, and wanted it a little quicker, and asked to upgrade to the 2-5 day shipping. I went ahead and did that and they sent me the email that it shipped on the 17th of this month. The 22nd rolls around, and nothing here, so I wait until the 23rd, since there was a Sunday in there, and still nothing. I finally get it on the 25th, a whole 7 or 8 business days later. I look at the postmark, and it's postmarked the 20th. They sent me the email on the 17th, and it probably sat in their warehouse for 3 days before actually leaving.

I'm going to email them and try to get the shipping charges refunded, as well as a return label because one of the discs came loose in shipping (probably not their fault). The only time I will ever pay for shipping through them again is if I use the 2-day shipping through UPS. It seems their relationship with USPS or at least the way they do things just doesn't work very well.
Old 05-30-06, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I placed an order on 5-23 and still have 0 confirmation on it. I placed another order on 5-24 and its the same thing, 0 confirmation. my order status page shows no orders too. I sent an email on the 24th asking about my 1st order and haven't heard anything back yet. I tried to call once and got nothing. it just continued ringing. I placed another order today and the same thing is happening again. has anyone else experienced this?

Hey Chris, Did you ever find out what happened?