Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Alldirect.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-06, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Alldirect.com

Welcome to Alldirect.com
We are currently performing system maintenance.

Thank you for your patience,
AllDirect.com
They've been offline for a couple of weeks, does anyone know what's going on?
Old 05-31-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chalk me up as another concerned AllDirect regular. It would make sense that they need a website upgrade, maybe even a new search engine... but seeing that they've been down for a couple of weeks worries me. Plus, when you type in alldirect.com now, you just get an empty site. No message even.
Old 05-31-06, 07:13 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Sometimes they migrate all their business to half.com and amazon.com. Thats what alphacraze.com did.
Old 06-12-06, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So.... where are people buying their books without AllDirect? I'm really at a loss now...
Old 06-12-06, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best places for books is ebay, half, and amazon. Sometimes googling or froogling the isbn number you can find other stores that sell it.
Old 06-14-06, 06:59 PM

First of all we'd like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all of you who have supported us. We regretfully announce that we are closing our "virtual doors" and will not be taking any more orders.

If you have an order for which 21 days have already passed or need to get in touch with customer service please email us at [email protected] .

Thanks again and best wishes from everyone here at AllDirect.com.

http://www.alldirect.com/
Well, it's official...

For me, this is almost as sad as if DDD had gone out-of-business. For purchasing new books and CDs, it was extremely rare for anyone to beat their prices.
Old 06-15-06, 06:59 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Well, it's official...

. . .For purchasing new books and CDs, it was extremely rare for anyone to beat their prices.
Agreed. I used to purchase almost all of my music from them. For a few years nobody could touch their prices. That is, until DeepDiscountCD and later yourmusic.com opened. Then I simply had to move on.
Old 06-15-06, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by JAA
Agreed. I used to purchase almost all of my music from them. For a few years nobody could touch their prices. That is, until DeepDiscountCD and later yourmusic.com opened. Then I simply had to move on.
DDCD rarely beat Alldirect's prices on orders that qualified for free shipping...most of the time they weren't even close. Yourmusic.com is great, but their title selection is rather limited.
Old 06-15-06, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw, that's really sad. I only got to make one book purchase with them - that I was really happy about - and then they close.

If you guys need somewhere to buy books, check out alphacraze on yahoo shopping. It's a pain to navigate since they don't actually have their own website, but the deals make it worth it.
Old 06-16-06, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I held out hope for a simple site reconstruction. I agree with SkullOrchard. This hurts me like DDD going out of business. I bought almost all of my books there since you could purchase new almost as cheaply as used. And with music, they generally had everything I wanted for a dollar or so less than anywhere else. Yourmusic.com just doesn't have anything I want. I never had a problem with any of the dozen or so orders I made through Alldirect.

[sniffle]

This makes me a sad panda.

Last edited by jdpatri; 06-16-06 at 02:15 PM.