Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD shipping time improvement?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, I know everybody's going to bitch I'm wrong and what not, or I'm biased because I'm an admin here and defend DDD for whatever they do, so if you're going to comment like that, it's just silly, and don't bother please.

Anyways, whenever I order from DDD (since the first time I ordered from them years ago), it usually took 7 to 10 days to get.. When the 20% off sales happen, I usually get things a little quicker (about 5-7 days) ... This past week, I had two orders ship on the 4th (or one on the 4th and one on the 5th) and I received one order on the 9th of this month, and one yesterday the 10th.. I've never got stuff from DDD that quick .. now I don't know if it's a fluke, maybe both orders just got out at a good time and just got delivered quickly for some reason, but ..I was wondering if anybody else had anything delivered lately that seemed to be quicker than usual? .. Granted it's hard to guess or estimate what will happen with DDD & media mail delivery but with me it seemed to ALWAYS be the same..so it stuck out when I got stuff quicker...
Old 05-11-06, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the last order I got from DDD took 1 week, the last order from DDCD took 5 days, definitely quicker to CA.
Old 05-11-06, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DDD or the USPS has been alot better with my shipments for the past few months. I think all my shipments lately have taken 3 to 7 days to be delivered. In the past it used to be around 10 to 14 days (usual) with some taking 3 to 4 weeks and a couple well past a month. I think its probably the USPS. I will have to see if lasts.
Old 05-11-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My two orders in April each reached me in about a week, which is a little better than average over the years wih DDD.
Old 05-11-06, 08:24 AM

I'm still waiting for one shipped April 20.
Old 05-11-06, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Still waiting for 2 DVDs shipped April 27.
Old 05-11-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Pilot, I'm not going to bitch at you for defending DDD because I agree with you. I have also experienced quicker shipments from them in the past few months. They are still my online retailer of choice and I have had nothing but good service from them in the past.

I do however reserve the right to bitch at you for the avatar of that sorry-ass baseball team.
Old 05-11-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

still waiting for an order "shipped" on April 18th
Old 05-11-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I do however reserve the right to bitch at you for the avatar of that sorry-ass baseball team.
I have no idea what you're talking about
Old 05-11-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
sorry-ass...Your from Texas. So I assume you must be talking of the Rangers. Who I believe just was just swept by that sorry-ass team.

If you are looking at the NY and thinking the Mets....Then I agree they are sorry-ass.
Old 05-11-06, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
I ordered a couple of the SE's from the sale recently (Boogie Nights, Batman) and the shipping time was totally acceptable via media mail. 5-7 days to CA. Who can complain about free shipping with those prices??
Old 05-11-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TOLEN
sorry-ass...Your from Texas. So I assume you must be talking of the Rangers. Who I believe just was just swept by that sorry-ass team.

If you are looking at the NY and thinking the Mets....Then I agree they are sorry-ass.
I'm not from Texas, I'm from up north. Didn't your sorry-ass team suffer the worst choke in the history of professional sports a few years ago? Wasn't your sorry-ass team bitch-slapped 14-3 a few nights ago? (BTW it's "you're from Texas", not "your from Texas")

Back on topic DDD rules!
Old 05-11-06, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
I ordered a couple of the SE's from the sale recently (Boogie Nights, Batman) and the shipping time was totally acceptable via media mail. 5-7 days to CA. Who can complain about free shipping with those prices??
I'm in NY and still waiting for mine.

I'm also waiting for one of the 4.99 titles they had on sale. That shipped early last week and still hasn't reached me.

Maybe it'll get to me in 13 days instead of the normal 14 days.
Old 05-15-06, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
First off, I know everybody's going to bitch I'm wrong and what not, or I'm biased because I'm an admin here and defend DDD for whatever they do, so if you're going to comment like that, it's just silly, and don't bother please.

Anyways, whenever I order from DDD (since the first time I ordered from them years ago), it usually took 7 to 10 days to get.. When the 20% off sales happen, I usually get things a little quicker (about 5-7 days) ... This past week, I had two orders ship on the 4th (or one on the 4th and one on the 5th) and I received one order on the 9th of this month, and one yesterday the 10th.. I've never got stuff from DDD that quick .. now I don't know if it's a fluke, maybe both orders just got out at a good time and just got delivered quickly for some reason, but ..I was wondering if anybody else had anything delivered lately that seemed to be quicker than usual? .. Granted it's hard to guess or estimate what will happen with DDD & media mail delivery but with me it seemed to ALWAYS be the same..so it stuck out when I got stuff quicker...
well im only the next town over from thier warehouse and my deliveries can take anywhere from a couple days to a couple weeks..thats the media mail though..not DDD
Old 05-15-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm about three hours away from their shipping warehouse. It still takes about a week to get anything.