Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD having financial problems?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-03-06, 05:52 PM
bub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My orders are now taking two weeks and longer to complete shipping!!! Is DDD having some sort of financial problems?

Here is how it used to go, place order, day or two receive email saying items have shipped, 3-6 days items arrive.

Here is how it is going lately, place order, week later receive email saying items have shipped, 2-3 weeks later items arrive.

I'm thinking that the items are not shipping when DDD are saying they are. This allows them to charge me for the items and ship/pay their supplier later.

There is no way that shipping, even on the slow china boat, takes 3 weeks from the west coast to Arkansas!

Something is surely going on. Anybdoy else notice something fishy lately?

George -bub
Old 05-03-06, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This should be in the store forum.
Old 05-03-06, 05:55 PM

hmm. my orders normally ship within 2 days and arrive on time.
Old 05-03-06, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No problems here.
Old 05-03-06, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem here - all my recent purchases have shipped in a timely manner.

(Your thread title might as easily have been something like USPS having delivery problems?.)
Old 05-03-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I've never had a problem with DDD - shipping or otherwise. I've probably purchased 90% of my collection from them.
Old 05-03-06, 08:11 PM

was it ever faster? It always took forever.
Old 05-03-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Zwerchfell
was it ever faster? It always took forever.

For those of us who live in Northern California, 2 weeks would be considered a lightning-fast 'turnaround' time.

With great prices and free shipping, DDD can take as long as they want as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-03-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

West Coast? Doesn't DDD ship from Illinois?
Old 05-03-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Corvin
West Coast? Doesn't DDD ship from Illinois?
Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner.

I wish they shipped from the west coast.
Old 05-03-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
DDD shipping has never been quick. Consider yourself lucky if you get anything in less than a week.
Old 05-03-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by bub
My orders are now taking two weeks and longer to complete shipping!!! Is DDD having some sort of financial problems?

Here is how it used to go, place order, day or two receive email saying items have shipped, 3-6 days items arrive.

Here is how it is going lately, place order, week later receive email saying items have shipped, 2-3 weeks later items arrive.

I'm thinking that the items are not shipping when DDD are saying they are. This allows them to charge me for the items and ship/pay their supplier later.

There is no way that shipping, even on the slow china boat, takes 3 weeks from the west coast to Arkansas!

Something is surely going on. Anybdoy else notice something fishy lately?

George -bub
Just because its taking 2weeks on your end doesnt mean that the company is in financial problem? Beside, whats the point of you whining in the forum if you havent talk to DDD's Customer Service first? Have You? I asked it because it sounds like you did not called their customer service and immediately conclude that DDD is in a brink of disaster.

Well if you are that "impatient" in waiting for your "orders" why not spend it to a higher remium shipping.

Last edited by xage; 05-03-06 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-03-06, 10:55 PM

i live less than 15 miles from DDD in a major Suburb and it still takes 5-6 days for me to get it when it ships. i think its just the method of mail they use. the usps must just sit on it
Old 05-03-06, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xage

Well if you are that "impatient" in waiting for your "orders" why not spend it to a higher remium shipping.

Maybe old Bub just has some more evolving to do.

Old 05-03-06, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not saying that DDD has financial problems by an means but I have noticed a very noticeable delay of late. My normal delivery time is 8 days on the dot. Of course a lot take 9-12 & once a year I get one under 8. My last order I've received took 24 days. The box was addressed correctly, nothing externally that would have indicated a reason for such a long delay. They reshipped when I called about this order after 15 days the 2 dvds. Tomorrow is day 14 & they haven't arrived. Of course I'll be dropping those right back unopened since I've now received them. Tomorrow is day 8 for The Patriot EE & I wonder how long it'll take. Their customer service is topnotch about re sending & are very friendly but my service is beginning to resemble those of the original poster.
Old 05-04-06, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
...I have noticed a very noticeable delay of late.
The new Fox sale is perhaps their SIXTH consecutive major blowout in a row since January. I know I've already spent 2 1/2 times there this year for what I did in all of 2005. I think they are having the opposite of financial problems, they are probably swamped with orders and trying to keep up.

Yes, some of the product took a couple of weeks to reach me in Northern CA, but the savings are well worth it. Besides, I have so many new DVDs now it will take a while before I catch up watching them.

For anyone too anxious for the mail, Best Buy and Borders await your patronage.

Old 05-04-06, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My problem is not with them being out of stock on the orders I have placed recently. It is with the amount of time that it has just recently begun to take to receive them once they "say" they've shipped them. I've probably ordered close to $10,000 in dvds from them over the years. After Hurricane Charley I placed a single $3,200 order (replacements for discs lost). Of course for that order I used expedited shipping. But for everything else I take the free shipping. Amazon's SSS has tracking AND gets to me in about 3 days. DDD free shipping for normal orders has always (for about 5 years) taken 8 days from the day I get the email of shipment. All of a sudden, I am getting delivery emails and orders are taking close to a month FROM THEN. It's not like we're in the middle of a hurricane down here. There's got to be a reason for EVERY order to take a week or 2 in addition to the shipping time they've always arrived in.
Old 05-04-06, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by djskyler
The new Fox sale is perhaps their SIXTH consecutive major blowout in a row since January. I know I've already spent 2 1/2 times there this year for what I did in all of 2005. I think they are having the opposite of financial problems, they are probably swamped with orders and trying to keep up.

Yes, some of the product took a couple of weeks to reach me in Northern CA, but the savings are well worth it. Besides, I have so many new DVDs now it will take a while before I catch up watching them.

For anyone too anxious for the mail, Best Buy and Borders await your patronage.

i find myself thinking the same way. so many unwatched that i do not care when they get here...great bargain!
Old 05-04-06, 02:12 AM

Just my two cents:

Deepdiscount has been a favourite American etailer of mine for some time, since they're definitely among the fastest to ship to Europe. Amazon and dvdpacific takes AGES, deepdiscount's parcels usually take between 5-8 business days. No complaints from me. But then again, I do pay $5.95 for shipping....
Old 05-04-06, 06:53 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
No problems here.
Ditto!
Old 05-04-06, 09:49 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Media Mail, which is the free shipping option, can take up to 3 weeks.
Its the mail, not DDD.

I average two weeks with a DDD delivery. I have so many DVD's to watch the slow shipping makes no difference to me.
Old 05-04-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I ordered something on 4/17, it shipped on 4/19 and haven't received it yet...
Old 05-04-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The way media mail works is that the parcels get loaded onto the last truck available leaving a location, and only if there is room. If there isn't room, they try again the next day. This happens at every point the mail stops and is unloaded/loaded. I'd estimate most orders took 5-6 days to get anywhere in the U.S., but some could take weeks just depending on circumstances.

I do not work for the post office. This is just according to my knowledge of how media mail works.
Old 05-04-06, 02:15 PM
bub

Sry about posting in the wrong forum

Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest.

Thanks to all who had a legitimate response, biteme to those, and you know who you are, who feel the need to crap on threads you don't agree with.

I too have spent literally hundreds, if not thousands, with DDD over the years and have always gotten consistent service from them. I DO understand how media mail works but this seems to me to be something different.

My last three orders over the last 4 months have taken almost 3 weeks to arrive after DDD charged my credit card. Of course, they claim they do not charge my card until they ship my DVD's. Why, all of a sudden in the last 3 or 4 months, do the DVD's that used to take anywhere from 4 to 8 days, now take 20 days and beyond?

I doubt USPS is to blame. If it were, I would have many instances through the years of DDD shipments taking way too long. I've never had a problem with DDD until a couple of months ago.

I appreciate their business model and enjoy free shipping to a point. My expectations, through personal experience with DVD, are such that waiting 3 weeks for DVD's that I've already paid for seems fishy to me, especially since DDD has been so great in the past.

I will still do business with them. Their customer service really is some of the best on the net. I was just wondering if others were experiencing the same 'issues' as I have been lately.

Luck everyone,
George -bub
Old 05-04-06, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
I ordered something on 4/17, it shipped on 4/19 and haven't received it yet...
Interesting, I too placed an order on the 17th, received order confirmation on the 19th and have yet to get them. I called them yesterday, and they shipped out another order, so I'll be another 2 weeks before I get my DVD's.

I've ordered with them before and never had problems, so your concern may be legit OP. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing issues, but I highly doubt is "financial".

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.