Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com Question, Please Help

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-11-05, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I have had an EBAY account with over 450 +'s since sept. 2002. I knew about half.com, but really never paid any attention. Well, I sure as hell should have. There are some monster deals there sometimes. I'll be going there for a lot of my media now. Anyways, the question is..

I ordered some book for $3.05 Shipped ($0.26 + $2.79 Shipping). I checked my online banking, and half.com right away took out $3.05, but what is weird, they also took out a dollar. Am I going to get this dollar refunded? I know some places do that, just to make sure you have the funds in the account.

Or, is half.com a place that charges $1.00 extra for every order? Your help is much appreciated, thank you.
Old 12-11-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never been overcharged (at least not that I've noticed). It's probably some kind of temp charge.
Old 12-11-05, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot darknite
Old 12-11-05, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's just a temp charge, it won't go through. I think a lot of online retailers do something like that when you first sign up. For some reason I remember Fedex.com felt it was necessary to give me five seperate 10 dollar temp charges when I registered there. I thought they were going to keep going until they figured out how much was in my checking account
Old 05-27-06, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,060 Likes on 642 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread for a different half.com question so I will ask it here & hopefully someone will answer:

I have been selling on hafl.com for years and I just received my first "return to sender" package. The post office stated on the package that "attempted not known" was the reason the package was returned. It was to a post office box. I emailed the buyer & they emailed back saying they were sorry, never had problems before and to send it to a different address.

Problem is...who pays for shipping. I am already out $1.35 for the first shipment. Anyone had this happen before and how did/would you handle it?
Old 05-27-06, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had this happen two or three times on eBay when buyers forgot to update their addresses. I politely explained that I had shipped to the address provided and they would have to pay for the package to be reshipped. No one had any problems with this.

Since the items were already packaged, I dropped the handling charge. I asked that the buyer pay exact shipping plus $0.60 for Delivery Confirmation. I hope you purchased DC the first time around, just in case the buyer complains to Half.