Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Consumer Fraud Advice Needed

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Consumer Fraud Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consumer Fraud Advice Needed against Toshiba America

As part of a class-action lawsuit against Toshiba America Consumer Products, I returned my DVD player to Toshiba for replacement. They sent the DVD player to an incorrect address (an old address) even though my address was noted on a note included within the return shipment and on the return shipping label.

They are now refusing to return my DVD player to me! As a result, they have essentially stolen my DVD player when I followed the details of the class action lawsuit precisely.

What can I do to remedy this situation. I have called Toshiba six times and they refuse to fix the problem.

HELP!
DVDMovieMan

Last edited by DVDMovieMan; 12-06-05 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-06-05, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow..that does seem like a problem. Maybe someone like the Better Business Bureau could help with advice at least, if not directly?
Old 12-06-05, 07:56 PM

Well, I've reported them to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. I've also contacted the Chicago newspaper and the class action lawsuit administrators. It's become a mission now.

I can't believe they're trying to take my DVD player after having a class-action lawsuit against them. I'm through buying Toshiba products! They're quality has been dropping steadily in recent years and now this. If they have to steal consumer's DVD players to get by they won't be around too long anyway.

One of the Toshiba people (someone named Tori) actually had the audacity to tell me they didn't get my note because they don't open the box. I should have shipped them a couple of bricks! Instead I told her I labeled the box with the correct address as well. She stated "well, we don't look at that either so it's your fault".

Old 12-07-05, 02:14 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Contact the lawyers in charge of the class-action lawsuit. They usually have a website (which is almost always mentioned in the paperwork you got regarding the suit) and you should find a phone number listed there.
Old 12-09-05, 08:57 PM

definately bbb, just go and do it on the web. bbb.org