Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD advise please

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD advise please

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 11:54 AM
PSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD advise please

Hey all.

During the 20% off sale i ordered One Tree Hill Boxset with both seasons 1 and 2 in together. Now i've not used DDD before but i got my package today (After getting charged £10.85 in customs) and open it up at a later date and not right away only to find it has season 2 in it. What do you think i should do? Do you think from experience they would have posted both seasons 1 and 2 seperately? If so will i get charged again for customs on the other package? The package i recieved with the customs declaration shows $69 which is correct but it A) only has one season and B) if another box turns up it will have the same amount giving me another charge?

Any suggestions on what my next move would be? Never been charged customs on anything before so not sure where to start.
Old 12-02-05, 12:28 PM
PSA

Something to add after looking at the box, more importantly the bottom of it. The box says 'DVD 6PK RSC' which to me now assumes that they post them seperately.

So i'm still wondering but maybe with a little less nerves, otherwise this could be one very expensive season 2 of One Tree Hill.

Grrrr, will another package turn up and if so will i get charged!
Old 12-02-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What does your invoice say? If only one is listed, then the other will probably come in a seperate box. It may say that the other one was shipped sepreately, or was out of stock at the time, or something along those lines. DDD will ship multiple items in multiple packages for USA customers, though I am not sure if they will break it up for international orders...
Old 12-02-05, 02:06 PM
PSA

On the invoice i have just one item number with the quantity of 1.

The description is DVD: ONE TREE HILL - 1ST & 2ND SEASONS.

I am in the UK if that makes any odds? If the other comes in another box will i get charged customs again?
Old 12-02-05, 02:37 PM

DDD does occasionally ship instock in seperate boxes, even though they were all instock and would all fit into one. I think I've had that happen to me once or twice. They've also once combined two seperate orders I made and shipped them out in the same box. Basically said, their shipping methods are somewhat out of the ordinary. Anyway, give a call to their customer service and see what they say.
Old 12-02-05, 02:48 PM
PSA

Thanks. I've sent an email and i'm going to double check with the Royal Mail postal service tomorrow morning to see if the chump behind the counter forgot to give me the other package. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, just dumb luck nobody was at home to take it.

If they do send it in another package am i going to have to pay another customs charge?
Old 12-02-05, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PSA
If they do send it in another package am i going to have to pay another customs charge?
I would imagine so, though I do not know how customs works. There's always the possability they forgot to include both in the same box if it indicates that they should be together, or someone at customs could have taken themselves a gift..
Old 12-03-05, 03:09 AM
PSA

Didn't get another package today in the post. I'm off to the post office to make sure they don't have another package they didn't give me the other day. Not had an email back from DDD yet...
Old 12-03-05, 04:17 AM
PSA

Well the post office havn't got any other packages for me. I'll send DDD another email to advise them of that. Hate to say it but the first time i've used them and already a problem. Won't be using them again.