Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem with DDD - Any advice?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-05, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received half of my four-item order today. One item on the invoice that I didn't receive is marked "This item is temporarily out fo stock and will be shipped seperately or you will be notified otherwise." The other item is circled in ink, and also wasn't included in the order. However, my emailed shipping confirmation stated that all of the items had shipped, and the order is shown as completely shipped and completed on the website. What should I do? Is there a good chance DDD has 'forgotten' about the other two items?
Old 12-02-05, 06:23 AM

Have you emailed them? I've had this happen once or twice, didn't do anything, and the item showed up a few days or week later. What likely happened is that their system showed it as "in stock" but ran out on the floor before your order was filled.

If you're really concerned, as I said, just email them.
Old 12-05-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I emailed them on 12/1, and have yet to receive a reply. Sent a second email on 12/4.
Old 12-05-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's an 800 number listed in the "Contact Us" section of the Web site. Call that. It's easier to get things straightened out by voice rather than e-mail.
Old 12-06-05, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No can do...my cell phone's on the fritz. Had to send it off to get fixed.

Hopefully they respond soon.
Old 12-06-05, 06:52 AM

It's an 800 number. Use a friend's phone, or a pay phone will even work. I never email. Calling has always resolved the problem quickly.
Old 12-06-05, 04:48 PM

I have just had a similar problem with DDD. I was sent someone else's order - along with their packing slip but the box was clearly labelled to be sent to me. I finally got my order with one item missing but also on the website it shows that my order is complete. Just today I got another order that I placed with them - one item is correct and the other one is not. I also tried emailing but did not get an answer so now I call and ask for a manager/supervisor as the regular customer service people who answer the phones don't seem to understand what I am talking about. I don't know what is going on at DDD, as I have been a customer for several years and never had problems like this.
Old 12-06-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
There's an 800 number listed in the "Contact Us" section of the Web site. Call that. It's easier to get things straightened out by voice rather than e-mail.
Good luck with the 800 number. I tried that last week. I got cancellation on one (actually 2) of my items after it did not pass authorization thru Bill-Me-Later payment method. The e-mail states that I could change the the payment method at this time and that's what I wanted to do. I had already received half of the order and these last 2 selections had been on backorder.

I can barely get 2 sentences into the conversation when I hear - " uhh, let me transfer you to Customer Service." *click*

Happened twice. The first time I got disconnected and the 2nd time I had to hang up after the 10th ring.

I finally settled on an e-mail for which I promptly got an automated response. It was only a reference number and I've heard nothing else yet. This was on Friday.
Old 12-06-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Are you guys polite when you call? I've called two or three times and was handled quickyl and courteously. It also helps to have a modicum of patience. Remember these people aren't going to be at your beck and call because you bought some $6.75 DVD. They will be helpful and courteous... I just wonder if some of the callers are too.
Old 12-08-05, 09:58 AM
PSA

I've had exactly the same problem. I ordered One Tree Hill Season 1&2 together which were both in stock and i only got season 2 in the post. I've sent emails that are over a week old and still haven't been replied too, so much for a 1 business day reply. I called yesterday (From UK) and ended up on the phone for 20 minutes after they tried to get me to send them back season 2?!?!?!

Send that back? I think not, i only want season one and i was charged for the full price of customs aswell so i don't want to get something back i have already paid charges for. Unfortunately i got somebody who was either new or very slow because he kept putting me on hold or asking somebody. Anyway i ended up calling back in again and got a women who again didn't have a clue because all i wanted was an email confirming they were going to reship season one. She started talking about credit card authorisation so i really hope they don't charge me for season one!

After all this on the first order with them i won't be using them again.
Old 12-08-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PSA
I've had exactly the same problem. I ordered One Tree Hill Season 1&2 together which were both in stock and i only got season 2 in the post. I've sent emails that are over a week old and still haven't been replied too, so much for a 1 business day reply. I called yesterday (From UK) and ended up on the phone for 20 minutes after they tried to get me to send them back season 2?!?!?!

Send that back? I think not, i only want season one and i was charged for the full price of customs aswell so i don't want to get something back i have already paid charges for. Unfortunately i got somebody who was either new or very slow because he kept putting me on hold or asking somebody. Anyway i ended up calling back in again and got a women who again didn't have a clue because all i wanted was an email confirming they were going to reship season one. She started talking about credit card authorisation so i really hope they don't charge me for season one!

After all this on the first order with them i won't be using them again.
They'll charge you for it, and simultaneously issue you a credit for it.
Old 12-08-05, 01:39 PM

I've sent five emails regarding various problems with my two orders that I placed during their sale (both over $400), never once got a response from them.

Called them on their 800-number earlier this week, and was outright lied to. My order was suppose to have shipped three weeks ago to my post office box, they confirmed that is was mailed USPS and I should wait until the end of the week and if it doesn't arrive, call them again. Just got a notice yesterday that is was not shipped USPS as their customer service person indicated, but rather UPS, and since UPS does not deliver to post office boxes (another on-going issue with DDD-why they don't tell you that they sometimes change your shipping to a form that will not get you your package), I have to deal with chasing down the shipment with UPS now.

DDD is great if there is no problems. If there is any sort of problem, as evidenced by my recent experience, there's a good chance you'll be ignored or lied to.

Thanks DDD!
Old 12-22-05, 07:53 AM
PSA

Just thought i'd come back and let people know that i got confirmation through email that they were re-shipping the boxset like originally requested although it's still not turned up!

I'm have now resigned myself to the fact it probably won't turn up and i paid a stupid amount of money for one season of One Tree Hill. Won't be using DDD again.