Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Discount Question????Buffy Chosen Collection

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Discount Question????Buffy Chosen Collection

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Discount DVD Question????Buffy Chosen Collection

Just ordered my Buffy Chosen Collection set from them. Got a great deal with discount coming out to 112.00. My question, has anyone ordered from them and is this place shady? Just called them today and the person I talked to doesn't even sounds like he knew what I was talking about. I asked this person if the Set was on stock and he said he didn't know. Get this I said Buffy, and he said how do you spell that? Shit, I hope I didn't get ripped off as I just paid via credit card. Please help..

Last edited by Muffins; 11-17-05 at 05:56 PM.
Old 11-17-05, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts
if you're concerned, cancel the order and order from Deep Discount DVD for the same price
Old 11-17-05, 05:52 PM

DDD Legit?

Posted this on another forum. Just ordered my Buffy Chosen collection from these cats today before the sale ends. Great deal at 112.00. Just wondering are these guys frauds or will i actually get the goods. I emailed them yesterday asking if the set was back ordered and got no reply. I just went on and ordered it today because the value is to good as it ends on Saturday using the code "dvdtalk". Minutes after ordering via online and credit card, I called them in hopes of getting to know if the Set is on stock. I cat I talked to was some foreign sounding cat, and I'm beginning to wonder if DDD is even in this country? I beginning to question their practices? The guy taking my ordered didn't know what set I was talking about. Gees, how can you work at a movie place and don't know movies. You don't even have to watch it, just keep up with the new releases. Please help... as I feel I'm gonna get my set in 3 months. Today is November 17, 2005. I'll write back 10 days from now on the 27th and let you guys know.
Old 11-17-05, 05:53 PM

Lol you're kidding, right?
Old 11-17-05, 05:54 PM

i've spent thousands of dollars with DDD - and have never had a problem

Yeah, that's who I ordered it from DDD -Deep Discount Dvd.

That's what I thought it stood for.

In all reality... people at this site has put $100,000 into DDD this sale. I think it is fairly well trusted.
Old 11-17-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And I thought I worry too much.

I just placed my first order ever with them. I figure with all the people on here that have ordered hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and have been ordering from them for a long time, they must be reputable.

I'm more concerned with the condition my stuff arrives in.
Old 11-17-05, 05:57 PM

My only problem with DDD is that they only use Craft Paper to cushion their shipments. I've gotten some broken/loose/smooshed dvd sets. I wish they would pack them a little tighter with more packing material or shrinkwrap them together and to the box itself (a la AMAZON).

Other than that they are good. CSR's never know anything!
Old 11-17-05, 05:59 PM

Dude, I was just wondering. If you called the guy I was talking to you would be frustrated too. Shit, imagine talking to Fez from that 70's show about the status of your order.
Old 11-17-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Muffins
Just ordered my Buffy Chosen Collection set from them. Got a great deal with discount coming out to 112.00. My question, has anyone ordered from them and is this place shady? Just called them today and the person I talked to doesn't even sounds like he knew what I was talking about. I asked this person if the Set was on stock and he said he didn't know. Get this I said Buffy, and he said how do you spell that? Shit, I hope I didn't get ripped off as I just paid via credit card. Please help..
Assuming you actually mean you ordered from Deep Discount DVD, you're fine. That's why one of the coupon codes is DVDTALK --- DDD is trusted and well-supported around here.

Tip: In the future, the thing to do is ask this sort of question before you order, and perhaps poke around or search in DVD Talk's Store forum area for feedback on particular e-tailers.
Old 11-17-05, 06:02 PM

Thanks John for the heads up. If anybody here works at DDD, please let us know if you have the Buffy Collection on stock so I know if it's coming in. I have a daughter bugging my ass everyday for this damn thing.
Old 11-17-05, 06:02 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Don't worry about them. I've ordered from them and so have most people who post here. You don't have anything to worry about. Great price on the set. If you selected free shipping you should expect it in about or week or so.
Old 11-17-05, 06:05 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I just hate dealing with credit cards. Usually never buy stuff online but my Boarders, Walmart, and Costco doesn't carry the set.
Old 11-17-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just go to the site and add it to your cart to see the order status... It is currently on back-order. DDD are a very reputable company and will ship your order as soon as it is available again (and they are in Illinois, FYI). Relax d00d.
Old 11-17-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they have cats answering the phones? Meow.
Old 11-17-05, 06:57 PM

I just had to call customer service and I got someone from India. Took awhile but we communicated.

Old 11-17-05, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks John for the heads up. If anybody here works at DDD, please let us know if you have the Buffy Collection on stock so I know if it's coming in. I have a daughter bugging my ass everyday for this damn thing.
Check your order status online, it will tell if it is back ordered. It also told you if it was back ordered when you put it in your cart, but apparently you didn't see it.

FWIW, this set has been back ordered since Tuesday when it was released. How do I know? I saw it on the site, and in the cart.
Old 11-17-05, 07:23 PM

They have a tendencey to delete my accounts with them as my email address is no longer associated with an account it seems like on their web site. I did call them today and after about 20 rings a girl answered who sounded not so thrilled to be there and took my order number and confirmed my order shipped today. I guess their site just likes to eat me accounts as this is the 2nd time my account info has been deleted from the site. So I'll have my full opinion of the service ready when my package arrives. Great prices though.
Old 11-17-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
What is it with posts like this? If you did any reading of the forum, you'd know that there have been THOUSANDS of legit orders through DDD. If you're so worried about buying online, don't do it.

And, when they're this busy during their 20% off sale, they've obviously hired on some extra help. I can't say that I'm surprised that everyone that works there isn't familiar with every DVD they sell.
Old 11-17-05, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by andicus
What is it with posts like this? If you did any reading of the forum, you'd know that there have been THOUSANDS of legit orders through DDD. If you're so worried about buying online, don't do it.
Probably THOUSANDS in the last 5 days!
Old 11-17-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks guys for the help. I just hate dealing with credit cards. Usually never buy stuff online but my Boarders, Walmart, and Costco doesn't carry the set.
Stick around, we will educate you on the good places to shop at! Deep Discount DVD has always been a good store! Not perfect (but who is, come on!) but when they aren't perfect, they have a good customer service staff willing to help. And if you ever do need to contact them, give them a call instead of emailing them.
Old 11-17-05, 11:35 PM

I dont think you have to worry about geting ripped off at DDD. I dont recall ever reading a post about being cheated by DDD. Messed up orders or damaged DVD's yes, but not taking your money and not shipping the product.
Old 11-18-05, 03:55 PM

Thanks again everyone for the encouragment. "You can do it!"

They expect it the backorder to arrive at DDD on the 27th and with shipping, hopefully the job gets done.

Yeah, I will hang around and check for bargains. Thanks again everyone!

And for any newbies, I learned this, don't email them, it doesn't reply.

Call instead.

Last edited by Muffins; 11-18-05 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-19-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This was truly a funny thread. How a newbie found out about the DVDTALK code to place an order but seems oblivious to DDD's trustworthiness is beyond me, as there have been well over 2000 posts in the past few days about DDD's sale. DVDTalkers look forward to the DDD sales like many people look forward to Black Friday. It is not anexaggeration to say many DVDTalkers prepare their wish lists and start saving money for weeks if not months before the sale, then as soon as it is on, the forum goes nuts with hundreds of posts an hour about what people are ordering.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.