Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Digital Eyes - Sending DVD"S to Aust

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-05, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy a collection of box sets from digitaleyes.net as they accept paypal. I live in Australia and postage is $5 for the first disc then $1.25 for each disc after that. What I want to know is if I pre-order a title and have the in stock titles shipped now will I have to pay an additional $5 postage for the pre-order title.

I have emailed them twice with no response after 2 weeks. I am begining to become skeptical about the company. Has any one sucessfully had DVD's shipped to Aust from digitaleyes.
Old 11-16-05, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, sometimes their CS is a little flakey - they are a sister company of DVDPlanet and DeepDiscountDVD. So they are legit - I liive in the US and have never had in problems, but I underastand your concerns. You may try another email and going to the digitaleyes thread in the bargain forum - the founder of digitaleyes reads that thread from time to time and takes care of members having issues - its like the DVDTalk express lane to high level help.
Old 11-16-05, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tom4321
I am looking to buy a collection of box sets from digitaleyes.net as they accept paypal. I live in Australia and postage is $5 for the first disc then $1.25 for each disc after that. What I want to know is if I pre-order a title and have the in stock titles shipped now will I have to pay an additional $5 postage for the pre-order title.

I have emailed them twice with no response after 2 weeks. I am begining to become skeptical about the company. Has any one sucessfully had DVD's shipped to Aust from digitaleyes.
Shipping is charged as the total quoted in the order which is prorated over the shipments. If you were charged $10 total and the order shipping in three shipments you would be charged a total of $10. ($3.33 ea)
Old 11-16-05, 08:33 AM

So in other words, you pay the same shipping fee - which you agree when you order - regardless of how DigitalEyes finally decide how to despatch the stuff? And that they ship as items come into stock?

I think that this is the way DeepDiscount do theirs, whereas other places you either pay extra to have stuff shipped as it arrives or save money by explicity telling them to hold the order until they can ship it all in one go, since they charge a "per package" fee.

You're lucky in Australia to have a decent tax free import allowance; in the UK, I have to constantly keep the value of my packages down to around US$25-30 or get hit with awful import taxes! Thus I tend to go for places that offer explicit control of how things ship, and whether they ship in the same package or not.