Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Barnes and Noble- Tax Exemption

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-29-05, 07:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the Barnes and Noble order page, it asks if you're a tax exempt customer. I'm assuming this means a customer for a non-profit organization, but with the all confusion about taxes at Barnes and Noble online v. Brick and Mortar stores, I wanted to be sure. Barnes and Noble provides these instructions:
"Tax Exempt

To ensure that we are able to process your order as tax exempt, please follow these steps:

1. Complete the Checkout process, and be sure you have entered your tax exemption certificate number. Your order will be held pending verification.

2. For verification purposes, fax your tax exemption certificate to 201-272-3657. You must include your order number with the fax.
Once we receive your certificate, we will process your order. If we don't receive your documentation within 72 hours, your order will be processed with applicable sales tax.

Note: You will only need to fax us your tax exemption certificate the first time you place a tax-exempt order. Once the certificate is on file, you may place other tax-exempt orders by selecting your tax exemption certificate number during checkout."