Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com: Confirming order policy?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-05, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
Has anyone noticed if they have changed their confirming order policy? I sold something about a week ago, and I was told to confirm the order and then ship. Well today I received an email, but there was no place on the email or on the website to confirm. I fear that I need to confirm the order in order for it to process. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-24-05, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
I recall reading on their boards that they were going to do away with the 'confirming order' process, but don't know if it actually went through. Apparently it did. That's one change I don't like, and something like 90% of the people I saw comment, didn't like it either.
Half.com's viewpoint was 'if you have something listed, you need to have it in stock and ready to send', and I think if it turns out you didn't have it, you'd have to do a return or whatever.
Old 10-24-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There were several changes that went into effect, none for the better if you ask me.

Not only do they auto-confirm now, but the running $ total for the period doesn't update more than once per day (if that). I have no idea what my total is for this period as it hasn't updated since Thursday.

One of the emails I received during the change-over period said "you made a sale" in the subject field, but the body was completely blank.
Old 10-24-05, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting.. the email title still says "confirm and ship", and I had to confirm an order no more than a week ago. But I guess we are sure that they have stopped using confirmation. Let me know if anyone has a similar experience and knows for sure that there is no more confirming. Thanks for the quick reply dtcarson and chew.
Old 10-24-05, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, one of the emails I received said the policy had changed and there wasn't a confirm option anymore. For further proof, you just need to go to your account at Half and click on "Sales". You won't see "confirm order" next to anything, just "mark as shipped".

This occured Friday (or so) as I haven't even shipped my first auto-confirmed order yet. If you confirmed something a week ago, that was before the changeover.
Old 10-24-05, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
check here:
http://pages.half.ebay.com/help/sell...ll.html#toc-05
no mention of confirming an order.

and here's the details as of 10/20
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.js...=1130185854327

somewhere in that 35 page thread I expressed my displeasure with this change as well.

Last edited by tonyc3742; 10-24-05 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-27-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 947 Likes on 668 Posts
Not a big difference to me. The only way I see this being a problem is if you can't find an item to ship that you put on half a year ago. Before, if I just couldn't find something I could sit on the order and not confirm it. But that only happened once, and I see the change as no big deal.