Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD lost Shopping Cart and Wishlist

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 03:32 PM
Political Exile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else have this problem?? Now when I want to view my wishlist an error message pops up and says you must log in. I am already logged in but I go thru the motions and still recieve the same message. My shopping cart says its empty....... I had six buy 2 get one free items in there, I was going to purchase later this week after I sold my other house and was more liquid. I emailed DDD yesterday and no response, Are they and the website usually so problematic ??

Last edited by Pwman; 10-21-05 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-21-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pwman
Anyone else have this problem?? Now when I want to view my wishlist an error message pops up and says you must log in. I am already logged in but I go thru the motions and still recieve the same message. My shopping cart says its empty....... I had six buy 2 get one free items in there, I was going to purchase later this week after I sold my other house and was more liquid. I emailed DDD yesterday and no response, Are they and the website usually so problematic ??
Delete your cookies....
Old 10-21-05, 04:45 PM
Political Exile

Nope not the solution. Deleted cookies, same exact BS still going on. Is DDD as bad getting orders out also???
Old 10-21-05, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pwman
Is DDD as bad getting orders out also???
No complains here on dozens of DDD orders that all shipped in a timely manner. Most recent shipment: a pre-order for a set being released next Tuesday, shipped 7 days in advance of street date.
Old 10-21-05, 11:03 PM

Just checked -- my wish list is still there - just added something to it.

So I would suggest, besides deleting cookies, shutdown, turn off the machine and start back up in a few minutes - just in case.

Try logging in and then logging out and then delete cookies -- shutdown, restart after a few minutes -- try logging in again. If still missing, then may really be gone.

The wish list is saved on DDD's site, IIRC, so it should be still there.
Old 10-21-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What sort of liquid are you now?
Old 10-22-05, 03:08 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
What sort of liquid are you now?
Well in about a week about $100k more liquid than I am now. I bought a new house this summer before I sold the one I was living in.Two mortgage payments can make cash flow somewhat restricted for non essentials like movies, at least thats what my wife sez. Back to the problem at hand. The DDD cart expired after 5 days like it says on the site, But I got a turnkey automated email response telling me to use the help FAQ on the site solve my problem. DUH!! I hope I can get the wishlist problem resolved because I spent a lot of time searching through the DDD site to fill it. DDD seems to have some good prices on some items and I've read of a 20% sale coming up.
Old 10-22-05, 10:51 AM

An idea is to save the wishlist web page to your hard drive. Under IE, I used the "web arachive" option (a .mht file) - puts the whole page, pics and all, into 1 file - readable only by IE, unfortunately. This way I have it available at anytime to check prices and what I have, don't have and should remove from the list. BTW I also save it periodically since any price updates will be reflected in the wishlist too - a way to keep track of prices for those that I'm interested in.
Old 10-22-05, 02:06 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by forumsmy
An idea is to save the wishlist web page to your hard drive. Under IE, I used the "web arachive" option (a .mht file) - puts the whole page, pics and all, into 1 file - readable only by IE, unfortunately. This way I have it available at anytime to check prices and what I have, don't have and should remove from the list. BTW I also save it periodically since any price updates will be reflected in the wishlist too - a way to keep track of prices for those that I'm interested in.
I can't even log on even tho the site sez I am. It's very frustrating I type in my email and password click the button and it says "logging on" but I can't even put together a wish list or keep any items in the shopping cart so how can I archive it ?. I deleted my cache, and cookies I even asked them to email my password and tried to reregister. I can log in fine to BB and Amozon so I doubt the problem is on my end. They emailed me my password and wouldn't let me reregister because " an account using my email already exists". I got a automated response from customer service and the nice person I talked to via phone was not tech savvy and could only suggest I email them again. If they can't resolve this or not even try to not only will I not ever order from them but I will badmouth them at every opportunity I can. I don't mind waiting a bit for a response from tech support if the folks actually read them and reply but the automated read the FAQ email is insulting.

Last edited by Pwman; 10-22-05 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-22-05, 10:33 PM

May I suggest that you try logging into DDD from several different machines, atleast one different one. If you login fine from a different machine, try your machine again. Then, if you still can not login from your machine, the problem is likely something to do with your machine and/or internet connection. (I would then verify again with a different machine (the ones you just tried other then your own) that you can still login fine. This will verify for sure it is your machine and/or connection.) Otherwise, if you can not login from the other machines as well, then it is DDD's issue. This test will help narrow down where the issue may be and help your case with DDD proving it is them, if it is really on their side via the test.

Also, do you have a static or dynamic IP address ? In other words, if you connect to the internet dial-up, you will be dynamic -- connecting otherwise, cable, DSL modem is most likely static (but not necessarily). Whatever the problem, may be IP related, in that DDD's system has "captured" your static IP, if you have one, somehow messing up when that IP is encountered.

Good luck !
Old 10-23-05, 06:36 PM
Political Exile

Well this evening I went to check on my DDD status and amazingly everything was up and running. I did not change anything since last night so I guess it was my second email describing what I had done that let the IT folks fix it. I'm gonna try archiving the wishlist page now. Thanks to everyone who helped out or replied I really appreciate it as a newbie around here. Thanks !!
Old 10-24-05, 08:08 AM

Thanks for remaining calm during your crisis.
Old 10-24-05, 10:15 AM

glad it all worked out.