Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Need some info please

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Need some info please

Old 10-19-05, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some info please

Hi there, im new to the forums and i need a lil help.

I have always lvoed IMax movies and by some stroke of genius i tried googling for imax dvds and i found out that there were actually a lot being sold. I always thought it was a cinematic thing.

Anyways. 1 site i took notice of is the starcdrom site where they sell dvds for 2$ each + 6$ shipping. Total is of course 10$ LOL kidding =) 8$ each versus the other store prices of around 15-19$ each. Big savings although the dvds wont have the jewel cases.

My question is, is this site even legit? Have you guys ever tried ordering from them? If yes, can you please give me a lil snippet of your experience with them, how good was their delivery? Any problems? etc etc.

Thank you very much.
Old 10-19-05, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to DVDTalk. I've never heard of the site, but it sounds like the DVDs aren't legit-often if they don't come with the packaging, etc... they're either burnt copies or bootlegs. In the future, though, you might want to try asking this in the store forum, since these people probably know more. That, and a lot of people on here will crucify anyone that doesn't post questions in their designated area. Hope that helps.
Old 10-19-05, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It doesn't take a "stroke of genius" to realize that this site SPECIALIZES in illegal product. Doesn't a name that includes CDROM tip you off?

Of course, it also isn't a "stroke of genius" to sign up at DVDTALK and your first and only post is promoting an illegal site. We call that spam.
Old 10-19-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by marty888
It doesn't take a "stroke of genius" to realize that this site SPECIALIZES in illegal product. Doesn't a name that includes CDROM tip you off?

Maybe I'm no genius then, but after looking at the site for awhile, I'm not so sure it is selling illegal product. It's selling the type of stuff that gets bundled and tossed into the bargain bins. There are no 'great' titles being sold on the cheap there, it's all crap going at crap pricing.
Old 10-20-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just another suggestion is a more descriptive title in the future....might help to gain more hits and information on a specific topic.

Ron