Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

FedEx, Newegg and ordering something on a thrusday.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-26-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered some new computer parts from Newegg on thrusday. And paid for a rush order on it. They shipped the parts on friday. Two different packages. So one package has reached my nearest distro place on sunday and has been sitting there ever since. And my other package went from California to Indianapolis (I'm in Iowa) and has been sitting in Indy since 10:00pm monday night. That's right 33 hours. Just stitting there. Why? Why can't they ship it? FedEx says it's not suppose to get to me until the 27th. I've got stuff early before. Why can't they ship it anyway instead of having it sit in a warehouse for two days?
Old 07-26-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
I've had a similar problem with FedEx. The package will make it to my town even, but still not be scheduled to deliver for a day or two. I called once and asked if I could come and pick it up, and they said NO. Apparently, Newegg paid for a "certain number of days" delivery, and they can't give it to me before that. If I wanted it sooner, I should have taken the faster shipping option.

But then again, I've had a number of packages from Newegg arrive before the delivery date. I think sometimes the fedex guys are just on a power trip.
Old 07-26-05, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been my experience that UPS does the same, and I'm betting so do other shippers. I'm guessing it has to do with their scheduling of packages. A truck can only hold so much, and overnight and 2nd day packages are going to have priority. By letting things sit they can get everything out in the time their customers paid for.

It's still not fun to track it and see it sitting there. I've recently moved and have ordered about a dozen items from furniture to electronics online, and about half the time I saw my shipment sitting like that for a day or two.
Old 07-27-05, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it's happened to me as well and bugs the shit of me!
Old 07-30-05, 08:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've generally only had this problem with express shipping. If I pay for slow old ground, and the source is near by (surrounding states) I get it with lightning speed.
Old 08-04-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah man that's terrible........I've had many experiences where ground shipping ends up beating out 2-day/overnight etc.... but hey look on the bright side at least it didn't get shipped DHL@Home service that thing is by far the dumbest ass method of shipping I've ever had to deal with.

Get this with DHL@Home service a company calls DHL who then comes and picks up the package then takes it to the local distribution warehouse (1-Day) after it's sorted it goes to the nearest sorting center to you (2-Days) DHL then Delivers it to your nearest Post office HUB (1-day) they then deliver it to your local post office (1-Day) the next day your mail carrier delivers it to you (1-Day)
That's 6 business days to deliver a package that started out an 1.5 hours from my front door!!!!