Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Thediscountgarage.com - help needed

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-17-05, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this online store has been the subject of some prior posts, but I would like to add 2 things.

The first is to ask for advice on how to take action against these people, who owe me money and have been giving me the run-around for months (long enough that Paypal won't/can't do anything about it).

Second thing is to warn anyone considering buying from this site, not to...

I actually 'tested the waters' a few months ago, with a small order, as the site did seem "to good to be true." DVDs arrived as ordered (although I suspected that they originally came from another retailer). Anyway, I ordered again, with promises of free shipping and a bonus DVD.

After the shipment failed to arrive over a month later, I called and asked for a refund, and was told it would be done within 48 hours...that was weeks ago.

When I filed a complaint with Paypal (after 30 days - which is too late by their policy), they forwarded my complaint to tdgarage.com. I received a laughable email from "[email protected];" clearly a form letter, which I have to believe was designed as a further attempt to aggravate me to the point of giving up.

Bottom-line, I'm out $50 and if I have to eat this, so be it. I will treat it as a valuable, somewhat coslty lesson. However, I now feel a sense of commitment to saving others the lost money, anger, and frustration I have been subjected to. Any legal or consumer watchdog organizations I can file with would also be considered.

Any suggestions for further action?