Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Bestbuy.com headaches

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Bestbuy.com headaches

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bestbuy.com headaches

Last month I ordered all 9 seasons of the X-Files from bestbuy.com, and I used a coupon which provided free shipping and also $5 off the order. I received Seasons 3 through 9, but Seasons 1 and 2 were lost in the mail. I contacted bestbuy.com and they sent me a lost claim form, which I faxed back to them over a week ago. I also ended up returning Seasons 3 through 9, since they were a bit banged up (due to be shipping in padded envelopes instead of boxes).

Well, returning Seasons 3 through 9 may have made it much harder for me to get my refund for the lost Seasons 1 & 2. Because the order had a $5 discount, they had to re-price all of the seasons on my receipt to account for that. Now when I try to check my order status on the bestbuy.com website, it says that Seasons 1 & 2 were shipped, returned, and shipped again. What?! They were never returned because they never got to me! Just a quirk with the way Best Buy's computers handle returns, I suppose. Unfortunately, the returns also wiped out all of the tracking information, so I can no longer see that Seasons 1 & 2 were never delivered to me.

So I just called bestbuy.com to check on the status of my lost claim, and the guy I spoke to must have been a high school drop-out. He put me on hold for 5 minutes because he was trying to add up the prices to see how much should be refunded to me. Then he came back and said that the $100 (which is what I should be refunded for those 2 lost seasons) was the cost of the shipping. No, no, no. My order had free shipping. Then he was confused by their computer system which said that I had returned Seasons 1 & 2. I tried to tell him that the computer also said they had been shipped again after they were returned, but this was all too confusing to him. He told me that he would have their credit department call me in 3 business days. I get the feeling I may never see that $100 again. Well, I did file a dispute with my credit card company, but I hope I can just resolve this situation with bestbuy.com.

The guy at bestbuy.com also said some strange things. "I apologize for the convenience." Convenience?! I also swear that he used the word "conspiracy." I think he meant a different word, but I thought it was kind of ironic.

Old 07-09-05, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From past posts on the board here when you deal with bb.com if it goes right you're fine, but if something goes wrong it can be a pain in the behind to get things fixed. I hope it all works out for you in the end. You have the dispute with the Credit Card company on your side. Just make sure you have all the information documented as well as printed receipts from their site before the problem and document any phone calls with times and dates. All of that will help you with the dispute form you'll need to fill out with your credit card company should you need to follow that route to completion.
Old 07-09-05, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The good news is that I just found the confirmation emails that bestbuy.com sent me, and they have links to a website that contains the tracking information. They shipped me 3 packages: the two packages that I received say "DELIVERED", but the one package that got lost doesn't say anything. So I think that's very strong proof I can present to my credit card company, in case bestbuy.com doesn't cooperate with me.
Old 07-10-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sldvd
The good news is that I just found the confirmation emails that bestbuy.com sent me, and they have links to a website that contains the tracking information. They shipped me 3 packages: the two packages that I received say "DELIVERED", but the one package that got lost doesn't say anything. So I think that's very strong proof I can present to my credit card company, in case bestbuy.com doesn't cooperate with me.
Yes, that should be the info you'll need. Good luck!