Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Seller Problems

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Seller Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-05, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Seller Problems

Im not sure if this is the right place for this so if its not Mods please move it.

Ok here is the scenario. I ordered a used dvd off Amazon through one of their sellers not directly through Amazon. The dvd never arrived so I petitioned amazon for a refund stating that I never received the dvd. I got the refund and now the seller is all in a huff and said he is reporting me for wire and mail fraud. Have you ever heard of this before and do you have any advice on this?

Thanks
Old 07-04-05, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well I don't know what amazon does to decide to issue a refund or not, but the seller I would imagine would have some input, to hear their side, before a refund is issued. I imagine they could do whatever they say, but unless they have proof to show they did indeed ship the item, I probably wouldn't worry about it.

I ordered a CD through amazon marketplace like may 6th 05, 4 weeks later it didn't arrive, emailed seller, they said it was shipped and it should arrive soon, 5 weeks later sent another email, they again stated it would arrive soon, and it was shipped may 9th ..6th week I filed a dispute with amazon, 3 days later I got a refund. Never heard from the seller again.

The person you bought from could have legitimately shipped it, and it did indeed get lost, which does happen.
Old 07-04-05, 03:42 AM

As long as the seller uses a delivery service with tracking information (or delivery confirmation with the USPS), Amazon will not penalize them if they can show some kind of proof that the package was delivered to the buyer's address.

If the seller does not use tracking/delivery confirmation and the buyer files a claim that the package never arrived, then the seller is probably going to have the amount of the sale deducted from his account and refunded to the buyer.
Old 07-04-05, 08:46 AM

Ok that sounds good, I just wanted to make sure I was not in the wrong here.
If item ever shows up is there a way to reverse the refund so he can get his money?
Old 07-04-05, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kaffe_02
Ok that sounds good, I just wanted to make sure I was not in the wrong here.
If item ever shows up is there a way to reverse the refund so he can get his money?
I know when I filed the dispute, the form said / had a option to reply to the email if the item arrives or if the seller and I come to terms before amazon resolves it. I guess you could always contact the seller if you recieve the item, but depending on how long it's been, it may not. I don't know how long you waited before you wanted a refund, but usually if it doesn't get to you in a months time, it ain't coming.
Old 07-04-05, 12:49 PM

Yeah I waited till amazon allowed me to file a claim which is like 5 weeks after sale.