Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSoon - Fidelity Card up to $99.98

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVDSoon - Fidelity Card up to $99.98

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-05, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDSoon - Fidelity Card up to $99.98 / zip / its changed yet again !!!

What is with the most weirdest / strange / online DVD company in the world ???

NOW - "Get the Fidelity iCard For only $99.98 CAD a year!"

It was previously $49.98 a year - now they have DOUBLED IT !!

So - for $99 a year you get ... ahem.... Free Shipping - to which anyone purchasing DVDs gets already for a 'limited' time (that's to the end of the year) - and a 10% off purchases - and iPoints (by the way - most DVDs are now in the 5000 points mark - making that you would need to spend around $4000-5000 to get a FREE DVD !!!

That - with the 'stock market' DVD pricing .........

Will wonders ever cease ?????

Last edited by tonyjg; 06-30-05 at 04:42 AM. Reason: title change
Old 06-21-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

very odd..

http://www.dvdsoon.com/promotions/ic...-sale-2005.xml says $99.98

but, http://www.dvdsoon.com/fidelity-icard.xml still shows $49.98

and checkout is still showing $49.98 ..maybe they havent fixed their pages yet ..but it's definately odd..
Old 06-23-05, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and the weirdness with dvdsoon continues..

Super Fidelity iCard promotion!

Purchase your *DVDSoon.com Fidelity iCard* today for only *$29.98 CAD*!

Buy the Fidelity iCard and get a minimum of 10% off your orders! For more
information, visit:
http://www.dvdsoon.com/promotions/ic...-sale-2005.xml

This offer is valid for a limited-time only. Take advantage of it today!
Old 06-23-05, 07:28 PM

Wow ... 29.98 is an awesome deal! And with prices generally coming down, this is a great opportunity for those without Fidelity memberships to join the party.

Anymore word on the used DVDs that they suggested would be soon available through them? I guess the big question is whether the membership discount will aplly to used product as well?
Old 06-30-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
Prices on DVDs have gone up on the site and now my Fidelity discount % has dropped from 15% to 7%.

Looks like the good times are over.
Old 06-30-05, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaymole
Prices on DVDs have gone up on the site and now my Fidelity discount % has dropped from 15% to 7%.

Looks like the good times are over.
Wow, DVD Soon is scrwewing with everything again. Yes, I noticed last night prices went up.

But I'm not sure those of us who were Fidelity members before this newest change have had our discounts cut. I logged in and it still says my discount is 12% (Gold Member). I put an item in my cart to test it and it was still giving me 12% off on it (didn't go through with the purchase because prices are just too high now). Maybe they just haven't gotten around to cutting our discounts or maybe we're grandfathered in.

I noticed that under the new Fidelity regime you don't get any discount until you've spent $1000CAD! Anyone would have to be nuts to join now.
Old 07-02-05, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was right that people who were already Fidelity members before the recent changes at DVD Soon will keep their current privileges, at least until their renewal date comes up:

(From the letter posted to members on your account page)

The DVDSoon.com Fidelity iCard is now at a cost of $49.98CAD and offers free shipping to all it's members, with the exception of some selected products. Products that are eligible for free shipping are clearly identified on the site.

Some membership advantages have been modified. However, those who have purchased the Fidelity iCard before the changes were made will continue to benefit from their old plan, until the next renewal of your membership.
Free shipping is over except for Fidelity members:

Due to the recent increase of the price of gas, DVDSoon.com must limit our free shipping offer only to Fidelity iCard members, in order to keep offering high-quality service.
I'm unclear about this:

You can now choose to benefit from partial shipping by clicking the appropriate checkbox during the first step of the checkout process, which means when you are asked to choose a shipping carrier. With partial shipping, you no longer have to wait for the whole order to be completed before it's shipped. When you choose this option, we will send you your products as soon as we receive them. Please note that a fee of $1.98CAD per item will be applied when you select this option, whether or not you are a Fidelity iCard member.
DVD Soon has always sent out items as they come in. Does this mean that we Fidelity members will have to wait until an entire order is in before we get it if we don't pay an extra $1.98/item? It's unclear to me and I couldn't find an answer. If so, I'll just order one item at a time (if their prices ever come down again). You get fewer iPoints but those are next to worthless anyway.
Old 07-04-05, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by movielib

Free shipping is over except for Fidelity members:

DVD Soon has always sent out items as they come in. Does this mean that we Fidelity members will have to wait until an entire order is in before we get it if we don't pay an extra $1.98/item? It's unclear to me and I couldn't find an answer. If so, I'll just order one item at a time (if their prices ever come down again). You get fewer iPoints but those are next to worthless anyway.

Free shipping is available to Fidelity members EXCEPT NOW FOR SELECTED ITEMS - IE - NEW TITLES, PROMOTIONS AND A STACK MORE. DVDSoon are 'choosing' what titles their so called 'members' get for free.

As for the PARITAL SHIPPING - yep - you are correct. Partial shipping it available to ALL at an extra cost (therefore - you either purchase single titles (recommended) or wait wait wait wait wait until the whole order comes in (and the wait can be months !!)

In any case - DVDSoon have set out a path of continuing changing their policies and prices - it's becoming far less an option for overseas buyers to bother with these changes !!

Bring on more competition !!!
Old 07-05-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Against my better judgement, I ordered from DVDsoon, placing an order of almost $500 using the 20% off coupon. After three weeks, not one item shipped. I am kicking myself for actually trying them instead of using DDD (I tried to avoid because of the customs fees, etc).

Anyway, I cancelled the order today, and I will never ever place an order with them again.
Old 07-05-05, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by movieking
using the 20% off coupon
What 20% coupon ... the 15% VISA was the last big one I remember?
Old 07-06-05, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, I meant the 15% off coupon.
Old 07-06-05, 03:55 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

YEp-I kick my self-my last order did not ship in ONE MONTH-RED DWARF-so I cnacelled it-only to find it taked them up to ONE MONTH to refund your money.
So now I order s simple canadian only item and guess what-its "pending" after 9 days.
They should change their name to DVD WAIT.