Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anastasia at Foxstore.com is NOT as advertised

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-05, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foxstore.com has their Anastasia DVD labled as "anamorphic", but it is not. I bought the non-anamorphic version back in the late 90's and have been wanting to update it to anamorphic. I was very disappointed to recieve the exact same old non-anamorphic version from them. I emailed to let them know that they sent me the wrong version and that I have seen the anamorphic version at BestBuy before. Their answer was that they do not have the anamorphic version (the one advertised on their site) and want me to send the DVD back for a refund. I'm disappointed for not getting what I ordered and a little ticked for having to bother with returning. They should have just told me not to bother and keep the DVD since it was their fault to begin with, but no, they spelt out in their reply that they'd refund afterthe item is returned. Anyway, if anyone's looking for anamorphic Anastasia, skip Foxstore.
Old 05-21-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you talking about the 1997 animated film? It's going OOP in September and I don't think they ever released an anamorphic version of it. Maybe there's a new version in the works since they're retiring the current one.
Old 05-22-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Drexl
Are you talking about the 1997 animated film? It's going OOP in September and I don't think they ever released an anamorphic version of it. Maybe there's a new version in the works since they're retiring the current one.
No, he's probably talking about the Fox Studio Classic. I would just challenge the charge.
Old 05-23-05, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thats unusual. didn't realize there were multiple versions of the anastasia:fox studio classics available. i ordered one during the big sale too. under features (on the keepcase) it says it is anamorphic widescreen (aspect ratio 2:35:1). haven't gotten to watch it yet (it's like dvd christmas around here lol). are you saying that you got one that is not anamorphic? are the features listed on the packaging wrong? dvdprofiler has just one version of anastasia:fox studio classics listed and it says it's anamorphic widescreen. as far as sending your copy back i'm sure fox would pay for return shipping.
Old 05-24-05, 01:33 AM
Cool New Member

He is talking about the animated version. R1 is non-anamorf while other regions are anamorf but foxstore mentions "Full-screen and widescreen anamorphic formats".