Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

My First Purchase At DDD

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

My First Purchase At DDD

Old 05-18-05, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Purchase At DDD

Well, after all the talk about DDD, I looked them up and actually saw what everyone was talking about -- LOW prices So I took the plunge and ordered a couple of DVD's. I ordered around May 12 and got them May 19 - quicker than I thought - with media mail and all (took the free ship option). One was back-ordered and will ship on May 22. Came in a nice corrugated box.

I am very pleased with this.

The only thing was that when I placed the order one DVD was listed and then not on the order confirmation (2nd e-mail). On site, under my account, the order status showed an empty place for that DVD and only said discontinued, did not list the name, though I knew which one was missing.

Very happy camper here !

Thanks everyone !
Old 05-19-05, 11:44 AM

Glad things worked out well for you. DDD is a great place to find low prices. Keep watching this site for news when they will offer their 20% off sale. Your mouse finger will get tired from adding all those titles to your cart.
Old 05-19-05, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah, hopefully they will have a better server for the next 20% off sale. even the last one (on the warners boxed sets) was pretty screwy.
Old 05-19-05, 01:02 PM
Banned

All about the wishlist
Old 05-19-05, 10:08 PM

Yep--I have started setting up my wishlist - from all the discussions and such. I was also very surprised at the prices - all the discussions were really true, not just hype - and the service, despite some trepidations I had from others having bad shipping problems. I am usually cautious, maybe overly so, about ordering from these "new" sites, rather than the B&M websites.

Thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences - boards like this (and the level of participation by knowledgeable people) really help out people like me, kinda new to all of this.
Old 05-19-05, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I have ordered in the past from DDD and except for being a little slow have been satisfied. However, I quit ordering from them when they started playing those screwy games with your credit card, letting other companies charge your credit card.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=342396

I thought that was pretty hard to swallow and have not been back since. What kind of company would allow that knowingly is beyond me and not one I would ever want to do business with. The thing that really gets me is that it happened more than once. I know it happened once and there was a huge stink about it and someone from DDD posted here and apologized and what have you and then they tried doing it again a few months later.