Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Free Year of Reward Zone

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Free Year of Reward Zone

Old 05-10-05, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free Year of Reward Zone

Best Buy sent me a letter today saying they'd extended my Reward Zone for another year for free. Anyone else get this gift? I don't spend an unusually high amount of cash in there...
Old 05-10-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,384 Likes on 943 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Best Buy sent me a letter today saying they'd extended my Reward Zone for another year for free. Anyone else get this gift? I don't spend an unusually high amount of cash in there...
That might be the reason why. They want you to spend more scratch there.
Old 05-10-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
LB: I got this in the mail today as well. I'm a frequent shopper there-usually stop there once a week and pickup a DVD etc. So guess I'm on the other end and they are rewarding me for being a "good shopper".

Also came with a coupon where you can receive double reward zone pts on any single item that is eligible. If you have multiple items in your purchase, it will double the highest price one. (Maybe its time to buy a big screen TV-LOL!) This expires on May 31.

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-10-05 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-11-05, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, too, received on the other day. I've already gotten about $30 in RZ certificates this year, so I think I spend more than enough there. I'm not sure why the free renewal, but I'll definitely not look at this gift geek in the mouth....
Old 05-11-05, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got one too last week in the mail after unsuccessfully trying to use the coupon for the free rz renewal that was floating around here last month. always spend a few ducats there every week so it's good to get the free renewal. thanks bb!
Old 05-11-05, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone else never have to pay for their RZ membership? I got my card in the mail when they first started the program and haven't paid a nickel for it yet. Was this something they did for everyone who had a BB card?
Old 05-11-05, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by renaldow
Did anyone else never have to pay for their RZ membership? I got my card in the mail when they first started the program and haven't paid a nickel for it yet. Was this something they did for everyone who had a BB card?
LB: Like you I got the card in the mail when they first started the program and didn't have to pay for it. About a month or so before my year ended, I was sent a coupon to renew it at $9.99 instead of $14.99. I do remember that I should have waited a few weeks as a free renewal coupon was making its way around the boards. (I tried using it to get an additional year but it didn't work.) Then tried the free membership coupon that was here last month to add a year and it didn't work. Was told I had to cancel my membership thus losing my points which I didn't want to since I'm close to another certificate. Then came the free renewal and double reward zone pts coupon in the mail yesterday.

I'm wondering if they gave a free renewal to people who paid the fee either right away (when they first decided to get the card) or when it was time for renewal (like what happened to me) Well either way, thanks to BB for saving me $9.99 which I can now use towards a DVD purchase.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 05-11-05 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-12-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got the letter in the mail as well. I have not paid for my card yet, so I'm coming out ahead in this whole deal. I've gotten about $250.00 in certs so far since my membership started about 2 years ago.
Old 05-16-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LaxBandit
LB: Like you I got the card in the mail when they first started the program and didn't have to pay for it. About a month or so before my year ended, I was sent a coupon to renew it at $9.99 instead of $14.99.
But I've never had to pay anything for it. No membership fees or renewals ever. It sounds like dvd-fanman is in the same situation. I had revolved through around $10,000 on my BB card at the time Rewardzone started, I wonder if that may have something to do with it?
Old 05-16-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by renaldow
But I've never had to pay anything for it. No membership fees or renewals ever. It sounds like dvd-fanman is in the same situation. I had revolved through around $10,000 on my BB card at the time Rewardzone started, I wonder if that may have something to do with it?
That's right. I've never paid a single cent for my reward zone card, it's been free since I've gotten it.
Old 05-21-05, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I got the free extension. Last year I paid to renew, but I got $10 in reward certs for it, so it was basically free.