Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

outpost.com update?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

outpost.com update?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
outpost.com update?

I did a search and read several opinions basically saying how slow and unreliable they are, but they were all several years old. I just wondered if anyone had any more recent experience with them since they were bought by Fry's. I pre-ordered Forza from them since they had the low price, and now I'm hoping that I won't be waiting forever for it to arrive.
Old 05-03-05, 10:49 AM

Earlier this year I ordered Twilight Zone Definitive S1 from them and had no problems at all. Box arrived just fine - took the lowest cost shipping. All went well, ordering online to receipt of package.
Old 05-03-05, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Earlier this year I ordered Twilight Zone Definitive S1 from them and had no problems at all. Box arrived just fine - took the lowest cost shipping. All went well, ordering online to receipt of package.
Did it come quickly? People's previous stories had to do with pre-ordering something, and then having it listed on back order for months. I was hoping they had improved.
Old 05-03-05, 02:24 PM

I ordered a dvd off them last month. I took the slowest shipping, but it still got to me within a week. I was definitely impressed.
Old 05-03-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Outpost has been nothing but great to me.
Old 05-03-05, 08:29 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've order some games from them as there's no Frys here on the east coast and they have great prices around launch some time.

I've had no problems. They usually take a while as the games tend to get back ordered, but I can't complain given the prices.
Old 05-03-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had no problems. They usually take a while as the games tend to get back ordered, but I can't complain given the prices.
Yeah - that's a fair trade to make. I'll be happy if it gets to me in a week or so. Can't complain too much at $10.00 off what I'd find anywhere else remotely near where I live.
Old 05-03-05, 11:26 PM

I dealt with them 3 times, and all experiences have been great. Took the cheapest shipping each time, and all the packages arrived within 2-3 days by DHL. Excellent.
Old 05-03-05, 11:30 PM

Mine was not a pre-order and did arrive quickly, with the low cost shipping, about a week or so if I remember correctly.
Old 05-04-05, 01:21 PM

I never received a rebate from them, but that was about 2 years ago..
Old 05-05-05, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got an e-mail this morning saying my order had shipped, so I'm definitely impressed. The street date was only two days ago (for Forza), and it's shipping now (at no charge), with me saving $10 over anywhere else I could have found it. No complaints here.